Impossible to calculate a long trip

Hi,

I tried to realise a trip Paris-Rome, i’ve all the time a server error !!

Is there a way to make this sort of trip or it’s impossible ?

Regards

I’m not sure what the exact length limit currently is for this area.

But long routes like this, if not filtered out by the straight line filter, require very good connectivity and usage data for the roads currently in the map. Without this, the number of options eventually times out the query before getting to the destination.

Waze was originally built for Israel. And if you ask Waze HQ, they are currently aiming goals more towards commuting community instead of long trips.

So, basically, it sounds like there is not a clear winner on best route. If you care to help out the community, you should look at the editor and check along the route you think waze should take to make sure that all the roads are there, and connectivity is good, and road classification make sense ( long trip routing prefer highway/freeways ). You might not have editing rights if you do find an issue, but post what you find in the update request forum, and a country editor can help out.

So are you suggesting that when I take my trip from Philadelphia to Orlando I won’t be able to set Waze for the complete trip? I’ll need to do it in segments? It’s all Interstate driving.

Thanks…

–Paul

It all depends on the quality of the map. And more to the point, if someone else has already tried to do this trip (or all the parts of it) and has already fixed any issues in the middle.

You won’t know till you try. Just know that this isn’t like a commercial GPS program that has had decades to correct map issues.

Philly to Orlando should work.