Hello fellow editors! I was wondering if there are guidelines to intersection segments? Specifically the U-Turns.
I was thinking about this because there are currently two I’m seeing two ways people are doing it in the AUH map. One is making the u-turn segment two way and another is creating a separate road for the U-turn itself.
Thanks!
Anyone?
I’ve noticed that the Waze app has been giving some wonky directions based on the two-way u-turn like the one in the Delma-Muroor intersection.
Sorry drronbon, been busy at work not had time to waze hence not replying before now 
We do not currently have a defined way of doing it but I create the 2 way segments at the U-turn rather than creating a new road specifically for the U-turn. What sort of wonky directions do you mean? As long as the TR’s are set correctly I have found it works fine.
If you post the permalink of the section you mentioned I will take a look 
You’re absolutely right drronbon, we should set a standard. But I’d like to test the possible options first and that takes time.
Except for cases like Muroor road (abu dhabi), where the u-turn is 100 in front of the intersection. 
I’m also of the opinion that a two-way segment creates a double uturn option and should not be necessary. If all segments are 1-way, you can still take a left-left, to make a uturn.
The most important thing is, something I recently got pointed at, that you keep the short segment, LONGER than 15 meter. So 16 or more. Otherwise a uturn will be disabled by Waze anyway, regardless of the green arrows.
There was one UR that Waze zig-zagged through and intersection instead of just going through it. But that may be a case of wrong turn options. 
I’ll do some testing as well to see if I may be wrong about the inefficient routes created by 2 way u-turns.
Thanks guys.
Yes, and that’s why i don’t like the principle of the 2-way segments there. Too many chance of mistakes and error.
The other option is Keeping It Simple, but not sure if it’s usable in all of the UAE’s situations.
i’ve done some testing on separate u-turn segments, and the results are inconsistent.
Also going to test some two-way-segment-uturns. But it looks like there’s always the option to go left-left at the crossing road, so i’m in favor of using that option. Then if you want to disable, make the segment shorter than 15 meters. Enabled, make it 16+ meters.
See screenshots. On this crossing, the eastern and western segments were 14 meter, so not selected at all. I’m also not sure about the U-turn label. Can I have your opinions about that?

