Voice announcements

Lexus NX 350h. While driving, the voice prompts seem to fade or cut out. Sometimes you only hear one or two words and have to guess the rest. Initially, I thought it was related to exceeding the speed limit, but I don’t think that’s it. I have the latest version of Waze installed and I’ve checked all the app permissions… Anyone have any idea what’s going on?

Do you happen to use Bluetooth audio or wireless CarPlay/Android Auto?

Yeah, actually Android is wireless. And now I’m not sure, because sometimes I drive with the phone on a cable… Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll check how Waze talks to me “on the cable” :smiley:

Wed, Sep 24, 2025, 10:18 user TCholewa via Waze Discuss <discuss@waze.com> wrote:

I’ve checked. Unfortunately, even on the cable, it’s still stuttering… Voice prompts are cutting out, words are incomplete or missing. At least the map on the screen isn’t glitching…