I noticed that the route was correct in the Live Map and in the Routes script before the change.
The correct route is 3 (three) m shorter, though with a lower speed, so the theoretical driving time will probably be shorter, but hardly enough to outweigh the time spent turning around.
I think it seems completely wrong to suggest a route where you’re supposed to turn around on the road, especially when the saving is barely measurable. It likely takes longer in practice.
Is that okay?
Yeah, I had a weird route myself when I was going to fill up there about a month ago; I know I checked it and even fixed the road a bit so you’d get to the station. I hope I didn’t make things worse (Schlimbesserung), but I got that result and also that I was supposed to turn in where you weren’t allowed back then.
I had used the ‘add stop’ feature though, and that can behave strangely sometimes, plus I’m running on the route beta server, so I didn’t think much more about it then. I’ll see if I can replicate it so I can report it as an RBS bug.
Yeah, I can’t help there unfortunately other than having noted it, but I can’t reproduce it now; no U-turn from here and it doesn’t take me into that forbidden (or for me also impossible) turn either, and I tested on the production routing server just now as well.
Waze will always prioritize the fastest route if no other restrictions exist on the route, even if the saving is very small in this example. Removing the U-turn then forces a more desirable behavior. So it should be resolved now.