The street has been drawn as 2x 1-way roads when it could be simplified to 1x 2-way road. I need this change doing because of the new road layouts around this area since the rebuild of the bus station, which I can do but I can’t connect them to the level 2 locked segment.
I presume there was a reason for this, since the segments were fairly recently created and, presumably, deliberately locked. I’ll ask the editor who did this to have a look and check back later.
Hi, the main edits were to bring the Charles St / Old Hall St / Parliament Row up to date as there were issues with the layout and routing. The bus lane didnt need to be there as you noticed, and it was not connected at the East end. I have deleted the bus lane.
All the roads there are now L1 (Automatic), so you can update them.
Is the eastbound side of Old Hall Lane still buses only? If it is, then you will need to add a restriction in that direction.
I’ve now been able to go through and remove all of the turning restrictions and made the road segment 2-way as that is the new layout. The area is no longer a bus lane only as the bus station has moved completely and a vast portion of the area is now pedestrianized. I’m slowly working through the road layout of this area based on the city council’s new plans and my memory from my recent visit. Sadly because neither google street view nor the satellite imagery is up to date (and the number of GPS points is minimal there anyway) it’s going to take a while to get 100% correct.
Example (which you can see I’ve done already) is that Old Hall Street is now a dead end on the west side. There is a few disabled parking spaces there outside Argos and that’s it, the road now just stops dead there and you have to turn around.
I would suggest making the entrance/exit a single 2 way segment, then the loop will need splitting into 2 segments as the ends connect to the same segment.
There is a useful extension called WME Validator for Chrome and Firefox, it highlights all sorts of map errors and issues. Might be worth having a look at
Not sure if that first bit was directed at me or not but either way it’s Stockport and well out of my editable area.
As for the extension, I’ll give it a look over but I tried to install an extension once from this forum and chrome had a fit at me telling me it wasn’t allowed. I was in no mood at the time to go messing with internal settings to bypass the restriction, maybe I will at another point when I’ve got used to map editing fully. But thanks
Oh, and sidenote…Remind me never to click a hyperlink in someone’s signature that is simply “:D” again.