My Level: 1
Reason for request: Not sure the reason for these being locked at level 2, but I would like to add speed limits to these roads, and also general cleanup for this area. Last edit on these was Jan 6th. Thanks!
Not sure why that would happen as it selected a few other segments, but I’ll create a separate permalink for those. Here you go.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=151.11192&lat=-34.01752&zoom=6&segments=192796350,192796361,192796362
I’ve fixed the parking lot road to be more simple and clear (and as per Australian speed laws, added speed limit of 10kmh). Thanks for the unlock.
Page 12, table 2.3. Now it’s not technially a rule but a guideline set down by the NSW Government. Of course this will not apply if there is a conflict whereby a posted speed sign contradicts this, but as far as 90% of parking lot roads are concerned, they do share attributes with “shared zone” speed zoning. As it stands there is no definitive legislation which governs the speed limits in parking lots.
The parking lot road I have added another junction so that it is now a 3 segment loop so that Waze routing doesn’t have a fit as per this.
I have added the residential 50kph speed limit to the other road that you unlocked for me. This probably does not need to be re-locked at anything above 1, unless we have a reason for it? Thanks for the patience in helping me with the errors, ituajr, much appreciated.
You are correct but it is the closest thing I could find to any kind of government content relating to speed limits in parking lots. While I agree that the lack of clarity is not exactly useful for us, it does give us something to go off. Should we not use this typical application of shared zones (inclusive of car parks as an example) to apply this general limit to these areas? Or do we just not apply a limit at all?
Alright, left it blank now.
There was a topic a little while ago which came to the conclusion that unless there is a sign specifically denoting a speed in a parking lot, just to leave the speed on a PLR blank. Noting that speeds in the app are really for guidance only, they don’t affect routing or segment cross time calculations at all.
Was just going to leave it as an exercise for you to use search, but I found it quicker than expected!
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=249166#p1772705
That seems good enough for me, I’ll note that down next time I’m editing PLR’s! Thanks!
I made a comment on Jamie Mc’s wiki review spreadsheet to include a bullet about this on the updated Road Types page.