Llandilo Rd Right hand turn onto Richmond Road (Berkshire Park NSW 2765) - Request to update as a difficult turn

Hi there!
I was hoping that I could classify this turn as a difficult right hand turn, but I am not at L3 for editing.
Difficult right turn from Llandilo onto Richmond Rd. Can be stuck waiting for a break for more than five minutes.
Better to redirect traffic wanting to turn right and head south east on Richmond Rd via St Marys Rd (either via First/ Second/Third/ Fourth Road)

https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=row&lat=-33.65864&lon=150.79637&zoomLevel=19&mapComments=478944

Thanks for posting. Is this turn genuinely difficult - hard to see and get a break in traffic - or just slow? The Waze app already takes account of the waiting time without us having to mark turns at difficult.

Could you suggest what times of day this turn is difficult - would it be morning and afternoon peaks on weekdays only, or are there other times during the day or on weekends when it is also difficult?

Thanks

Tim

Hiya Tim!

This intersection is really hard to get a break in traffic to turn right. When there is a break in the north west traffic, then cars turning from Richmond Rd onto Llandilo are able to turn and the cars waiting in Llandilo don’t get a chance to turn right.

I’ve found that locals tend to avoid this intersection or only turn left at it, so there is often only one car queuing and trying to turn right who will often give up and turn left.

I’ve only taken this route around midday and the afternoon/early evening, but I’ve found it was consistently bad at those times. Can’t comment on the morning traffic.

Thanks for that. I’ve marked the turn as difficult. Obviously that will only affect routing for Wazers that have chosen the “Avoid difficult turns” option in Waze.

Tim

Thanks Tim!

Warmly,
Mallory Ledger (She/Her)

I include my pronouns as part of fostering respect and inclusion. You’re warmly invited to share yours too: pronouns.org

I wish to acknowledge the Darug people, whose lands I am on. The Darug people cared for the lands and waters of this country for time immemorial. They are as much a part of the land as it is of them. Sovereignty was never ceded. Always was, always will be Darug Land.