When attempting to correct the error here - https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-87.93516&lat=43.12533&zoom=8&layers=BFTFFTTTFTTFTTTTTTTTTFT
The editor will not save the change (I tried to add the intersection to allow the u-turn). It highlights both segments of N Green Bay Ave and says the ‘road changed is too far from the city it was added to’. All segments (old and new) are in Glendale, WI (which is the correct city, state) and all are noted that way in the editor. Can’t figure out why it’s picking up the error. Any ideas?
It looks like Waze thinks there’s another Glendale, WI.
I have a similar problem in the Chicago area where a CDP has the “rights” to the name. Any changes to roads in the city fail with this error when the city field is set. I changed the city field on all of the CDP segments in hopes the city layer would update and fix the problem. I’m not sure how often the city layer runs but it’s been about 3 weeks and the CDP is still showing on the city layer and I can’t update the city field on segments in the town.
That’s what I thought at first, WI with all it’s villages, towns and cities can be confusing, but I can’t find another Glendale, WI listed in any of those three categories, nor on a map. I suppose it could be an unincorporated Glendale, that wouldn’t be easy to find.
Well, someone solved it by eliminating the city name on all the old/new segments. Will be interesting to see what happens when the mapping updates the city layer.
A search in WME for Glendale, WI, came up with two suggestions. One was the city near Milwaukee. The other in Appleton. No city layer polygon showing for the latter though.
Yeah, the Glendale in Appleton is a street. Oh well.