Missing Red Light Speed Cam on SW Walker Rd & SW Cedar Hills Blvd (Beaverton)

Intersection: SW Walker Rd & SW Cedar Hills Blvd, Beaverton, OR

Request: Please add the permanent automated red-light and speed enforcement cameras at this intersection.

  • Camera type: Combination red-light + speed camera
  • Monitored directions: All directions
  • Monitored lanes: All lanes
  • Posted speed limit: 35 mph in all directions
  • Enforcement agency: Beaverton Police Department
  • Speed citations are issued for vehicles traveling 11 mph or more over the posted limit.
  • These cameras have been installed and operating for many years but are currently missing from Waze.

Thanks. We’re taking a look at this. Cameras are already mapped east/west.

Just wanted to confirm on my end that east and west bound speed cams are now visible on Waze. :slight_smile:

East and west have been mapped for 2 years. If they don’t display, it’s a bug.

Are there cameras north and south? Or just east and west?

Link to location in the map editor.

Now that you mentioned it, I updated to the latest Waze version on my phone after your first reply and voila, east/west cams showed up. North/south are still missing on my end.

The other two cameras aren’t displaying because they aren’ t mapped (you can see this in your image). I have reached out to the Oregon editors, including the one who mapped the east/west cameras, to see why the two weren’t mapped. The PD page doesn’t say one way or the other and street view is not quite current enough.

I think I figured out where my confusion came from.

I went back to the intersection and took a much closer look at the camera placements. There are indeed four camera units, but they’re all installed along SW Walker Rd, with two on each side of the intersection. I didn’t see any cameras positioned to monitor northbound or southbound traffic on SW Cedar Hills Blvd.

My screenshot shows the approximate locations of the four cameras (red dots). The dots are just rough placements to indicate where I found them.

It looks like I mistakenly assumed that four camera units meant all four approaches were enforced. Sorry for the confusion and for sending us down the wrong path.

Thanks for making the extra effort!

Likewise. Thanks for looking into the issue with me.