Is this a…:
Standard bug
Steps to reproduce this issue:
A Wazer identified a mapping error and dropped an Update Request (UR) at the location, then logged into WME to fix the problem (suggest an edit) and connected with the local Editors community. He then changed his username from a random usa_ ID to a user-selected one (@utbdubbz). I encouraged him to Solve his own UR, which he should be able to do as a Level 1 editor, but he cannot, even though it’s his own report submitted under his previous username. When he responds to the UR it shows him only as “Reporter” for privacy, showing the system still recognizes he was the original reporter.
See UR conversation for additional context.
I assume that the lockout UI on the UR dialog box to mark it as Solved or Not Identified cannot determine that the new username matches the original non-editor profile or usa_number. (It would be nice to have a new L1 editor solve his/her own UR as a rite of passage - “Congratulations, you’re now officially a Map Editor!”)
Environment where the bug occurs…:
NA
Permalink:
Browser name and version:
Unknown
2 Likes
Thanks for posting this Travis! Here is how the UR looks on my end in WME.
2 Likes
Hello @rocketsciguy,
Thank you for your input and showing encouragement to new editors. 
I have tested this scenario without changing the username and got the same result as @utbdubbz; it seems that level 2 is indeed required, with level 1 you cannot solve URs even your own. Do you recall it being different in the past?
Kindest regards,
Olesya
Hi @Olesya-Staff ,
Yes Level 1 editors have been able to close their own URs in the recent past. Here is a link to a profile of a new editor I worked with recently who only has 273 total edits, including 6 closed URs, all of them her own, as recently as December 2024. I do not know when L1 editors lost the ability to close their own URs, but it would probably be sometime this year (2025). If it’s helpful, I can ask the US Editing Community if this change was communicated to them and when. I don’t recall an announcement, so I assume it was a bug/regression.
I’ve changed the title of this bug report since it looks like changing usernames is not a factor here.
Hope that helps,
Travis
2 Likes
Hello @rocketsciguy,
Thank you very much for your response. The additional context is much appreciated. I have opened an internal ticket to look into this.
It would indeed be helpful, so if that’s not too much trouble for you, I’ll appreciate that. If you come across any more examples of level 1 editors who have been able to close their own URs, please let me know so I can add them to the ticket.
Best regards,
Olesya