New protocol for adding/editing gas stations

https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=46426

I was away from the forums for a bit, so I totally missed this discussion — this may be old news for you. But in case not, I thought I’d do a shout-out about it.

Apparently they’re getting close(r) to allowing gas stations to be added via the WME editor on the NA server. New additions won’t show up in price searches on the app until Waze does some recoding on the server, but if we see URs about missing stations, we can at least get new gas landmarks ready to be added to the database.

Several of the issues highlighted in the thread haven’t turned up in my initial poking arou d, but I guess we should keep an eye out for imported/merged landmarks showing up in the wrong place, being duplicated, etc.

Mainly we have to make sure the fields are entered correctly – the address in the address field is usually what’s missing. ALSO: One issue is to make sure the city designation matches that of the street/surrounding area. “Honolulu” may need to be changed to “Niu Valley” or whatever we’re calling the area.

But are we going to redo the cities to conform to city or cdp?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I think most of what we’ve used ARE the CDPs, but there are some exceptions. In the other thread, I’ll post a reply with some of the ones I think are too local.

Strange, I’ve found a few defunct/non-existent gas stations in my area that needed to be removed. I think I figured out the Waze editor and one has been removed. Yay Me! haha

Yay, we can finally edit gas stations. Be careful with brand though, it overrides the station name for instance while it’s true Lex Brodie uses Aloha gas it’s not an Aloha station. I was confused when submitting gas prices and the lex Brodie station showed up as Aloha

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/stories/1998/12/07/story1.html?page=all

This story describes Brodies’ Fast Gas label as “a generic gas.” It’s very dated, of course, but I don’t think that’s changed. That suggests we should leave it “unbranded.”

I finally got a chance to reading the 10 pages of that thread you linked. If we leave the name of the station as “Lex Brodie’s” and use the very first blank brand, it will show up in the app as “Lex Brodies” but if we label the brand as aloha, it will become an Aloha station. I’m working my way around oahu fixing the POI locations on the map and adding the addresses. It seems though that the addresses you add in WME does not push to the app. If you add a new station it adds the station to the map but the only data pulled from WME is the phone number and the station name or brand.