Notícias sobre mudanças no trânsito, publique aqui [AL]

DMTT implements a new one-way pair in the Cruz das Almas neighborhood

The intervention consists of changing the flow of Elias Ramos de Araújo and Ouvidor Mendonça streets, which will no longer be two-way and will start operating as one-way. Check out the changes:

  • Elias Ramos de Araújo Street: will be one-way in the direction of Av. Brigadeiro Eduardo Gomes de Brito → Av. Comendador Gustavo Paiva.

  • Ouvidor Mendonça Street: will be one-way in the direction of Av. Comendador Gustavo Paiva → Av. Brigadeiro Eduardo Gomes de Brito.

Permalink.

The changes have already been made on the map and are expected to be live on May 2, 2026.

Mayor Rodrigo Cunha Announces Expansion of Orla Aberta to Saturdays\n[quote]\nMayor Rodrigo Cunha announced this Friday (15) the expansion of the Orla Aberta project, which will now have new operating hours. Starting this Saturday (16), the initiative, which previously only took place on Sundays, will begin at 5:00 PM and run until 11:00 PM on Saturdays.\n\nThe road closures, carried out by agents from the Municipal Department of Transport and Traffic (DMTT), cover the stretch of Silvio Carlos Viana Avenue between the Handicraft Pavilion and Gogó da Ema Square, at the intersection of Álvaro Otacílio Avenue and Desportista Humberto Guimarães Street.\n[/quote]\n\nChanges implemented.

Since the map compilation will only finish after midnight, I added closures only for today.

@edu_scott, do you know if this stretch remains closed on Saturday mornings? Because there is still a restriction during that period.

Unfortunately, I can’t tell you; I noticed the restriction on Saturday morning and didn’t even want to mess with it since I didn’t know. But I believe it’s still working; no URs have ever popped up there reporting a problem.

Looking at it now, the DMTT made a post that only mentions Saturday, from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., and Sundays, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. I’ve reached out to confirm.

Confirmed by the DMTT that the waterfront is not closed on Saturday mornings. Change made

As I recall, the Saturday morning Orla Aberta was only during high season. Have you already removed the restriction?

Positive, the restriction has been removed.

Inversion of one-way system directions in Mangabeiras begins this Saturday (23)

The modification consists of changing the flow of Luiz Francisco Cedrim and Industrial Moacir Duarte streets. Both will have their directions of travel altered.

Luiz Francisco Cedrim Street, which currently runs from Av. Dona Constança de Góes Monteiro towards Av. Comendador Gustavo Paiva, will now operate from Av. Comendador Gustavo Paiva towards Av. Dona Constança de Góes Monteiro.

Industrial Moacir Duarte Street, which currently runs from Av. Comendador Gustavo Paiva towards Av. Dona Constança de Góes Monteiro, will now operate from Av. Dona Constança de Góes Monteiro towards Av. Comendador Gustavo Paiva.

Another change in the area will be the repositioning of one of the existing traffic lights. The equipment installed at the intersection of Av. Dona Constança de Góes Monteiro and Industrial Moacir Duarte Street will be removed. The traffic signal system will be placed at the intersection of Av. Dona Constança de Góes Monteiro and Luiz Francisco Cedrim Street, exclusively to assist with pedestrian crossing.

Changes implemented.
Permalink for the region.

Mayor Rodrigo Cunha Announces Expansion of Open Street to Centenary Park Starting This Sunday (31)

Mayor Rodrigo Cunha announced this Thursday (28) the expansion of the “Open Street” project to the area surrounding Centenary Park, in the Farol neighborhood. The initiative will begin operating this Sunday (31), from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., on Moreira e Silva Avenue, in the Farol-to-Downtown direction.
…
Drivers coming from Farol via Fernandes Lima Avenue should turn left onto Íris Alagoense Street and continue to Itatiaia Street, later returning to Moreira e Silva Avenue.

Changes made.
Region permalink.
I created a traffic event to send a notification to everyone.

Gustavo Paiva Avenue gets a new one-way stretch toward the City Center.

This change was absolute madness. I’ll highlight the most important points I made on the map here:

  1. I removed the segments in the City Center > North Coast direction and reconnected the segments left in limbo back to Gustavo Paiva Ave;
  2. I added a turn restriction here, since the changes take effect today (06/18) and launched a traffic orientation event;
  3. I made the stage 2 changes using scheduled restrictions to take effect on the day they were planned, so I could then perform the permanent edit.

Since the map has already updated, I removed the restriction and edited it to match reality.

From what I’ve tested, it’s working normally. When stage 2 goes into effect (if the date doesn’t change), the changes will be applied automatically.

Traffic on Av. Moreira e Silva, in the section where the Rua Aberta (Open Street) takes place, will be open for vehicle traffic next Sunday, July 12. The measure aims to facilitate access and movement for candidates taking the Municipal Guard civil service exam.

The Parque Centenário Rua Aberta will return to its normal schedule on Sunday, July 19.

I edited the restriction to have a range between 07/13/26 and 08/31/26 so that on 07/12/26 traffic is open normally. After the 12th, the change can be undone.

Permalink.

We were informed by the DMTT that the implementation of stage 2 has been postponed indefinitely. I reverted the changes, leaving everything as it was before in the Parque Shopping and Sefaz area.

Gustavo Paiva Avenue gets a reversible lane during afternoon and evening rush hours

How will it work?

  • Days and Times: Monday to Friday, from 4 PM to 7 PM (period of heaviest traffic towards the North Zone neighborhoods).
  • Operational Section: The reversible lane will operate between Padre Luiz Américo and João Canuto da Silva streets.

Permalink.

NOTE: I preferred to keep the mapping that existed before, with two separate segments for each direction, so that someone traveling northbound who needs to access a location on their left on Gustavo Paiva Ave itself doesn’t have the difficulty of crossing 3 lanes. The stop point will be on the southbound segment.

Nesta sexta-feira (28), um trecho da Rua Engenheiro Camilo Collier com a Rua Paulo Afonso estará interditado para a descarga do vagão do VLT. O bloqueio se estenderá ao longo do dia, até as 20h.

Permalink.