I would like to propose an addition to the Livemap section of our Wiki. Under the search box section I think we should add that the results from the search come from Google Maps and not from WME. Too many of our new editors can’t figure out why Livemap is right and Waze is wrong or Waze is right and Livemap is wrong. A simple sentence addition would clear things up. https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Live_Map#Search_box
Search box
Search box In the Search/Navigate box click on Search if it is not already highlighted. Place the mouse cursor in the text field and enter the address or place of interest, then press find. If the description entered has more than one match, a list will be displayed. [b]Search results come from a Google Maps search, and could differ from the Waze App search results. [/b] If the desired match is not visible in that list, add additional parts of the address to limit the search and press find again. Once the desired destination is visible, select it. A pin will be placed at the location and the map will recenter on the pin.
If the live map is only displaying blue water everywhere, it may be necessary to zoom out and move the map to the continent desired. When the map is near a particular continent that does not have the destination desired, it may be difficult to search for it without first moving the map to the correct continent.
Once the searched location is identified, use the mouse to select the point under the pin to bring up the selection box.
I put in bold the part I would like to add.
Seconded for agreement. Good explanation for clarity on results.
I agree as well. This should eliminate some of the ambiguity between Livemap search results -vs- in-app search results.
Thanks and have a great day,
I’m in agreement also. It seems that this is scenario with new editors is happening more often. This would definitely help.
Agreed. This is the reason I don’t test with LM anymore.
I agree. I’m in favor of adding this.
Very good point - not only for newer editors, but also for us aged ones as well
jm6087
July 30, 2019, 2:15pm
9
Speak for yourself for aged. I am matured not aged
I agree also, it will help eliminate (some) confusion in the future with newer editors.
sketch
July 30, 2019, 3:38pm
14
Great addition. I wonder if we should perhaps also add an Mbox warning just below this saying something like “Please note that the Livemap search mechanism is not suitable for testing app search problems.”
I don’t know how to do this, but hopefully the wiki masters can figure it out.
Thank you. If it goes to production, hopefully they’ll add the Mbox.
sketch
July 30, 2019, 3:59pm
18
This would do that:
{{mbox
| type = warning
| smalltext = Please note that the Livemap search mechanism is not suitable for testing app search problems.
}}
I like this suggested change. Thumbs up from me.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I also support this - from the perspective as a new editor who didn’t know this