Hello Waze editors!
My home exit off New Jersey’s Garden State Parkway southbound is the parkway’s final exit. The ramp exit sign reads, “Exit O.” My Waze navigator tells me it’s “Exit O” (as in “oh,” the capitalized alphabetical letter).
It’s really “Exit Zero” and any self-respecting Jerseyan can tell you this. As in, “The Exit Zero Jazz Festival” or Exit Zero magazine. It’s the gateway to Cape May, arguably our most beautiful shore destination. I cringe every time Waze announces I’ve arrived at exit oh.
Love you guys.
Linda C.
Which voice are you using in the Waze app?
Hi - thank you for your report and all updates. For testing purposes can you change your voice to Lisa and let us know the outcome
Thank you for that assist! The reason we used a male voice was that our dog would whine when she heard a woman speaking. Go figure.
I understand - but I am curious if the problem is with specific voice…
Sorry for the delay in responding, but I hadn’t been on the Garden State Parkway to test this. Until today. I switched the voice to Lisa’s, but she also referred to the exit as “Exit Oh” instead of Exit Zero. Bad Lisa!
Thank you for all details: Please clear TTS cache on your device
Open Waze app on your phone, tap the search bar to enter a destination, and type ##@cctts. Tap the search button on your keyboard. A popup will appear confirming the cache is cleared, and Waze will re-download fresh voice files
Please test after and let us know.