Per the wiki, map editors are eligible to rank up after 25K edits. I submitted a request to Waze Support per the wiki several weeks ago but haven’t heard or seen anything change. I’m over 32K edits now and would appreciate any advise on how to rank up. Does an editor have to be an area manager? Thanks
Waze support does not handle rank increases in the US anymore. You need to get in touch with the RC and request rank 3.
Thanks. Sent a PM to HavanaDay. Have not heard back yet.
Give it some time. He’s very busy but will get to it.
jlspence99 - You and I are in the middle of a discussion about potential for rank 3 (PMs from Feb 15-16). I am not sure why you are confused about this. I am already in a discussion with HavanaDay about things also. HD and I communicate well, and we are discussing the PMs between you and I from Feb (and some of Jan).
I’d like to be involved in those discussions. It sounds like I may need to appeal to some higher Waze editor level to get fair consideration. You obviously have some personal problem with me that I don’t understand and can’t get you to express or support in any shape or fashion.
As I’ve said in my PMs to you (which I’d be more than happy to post in any public forum or send to higher level Waze editors for their independent view), I started editing because I enjoy challenges, learning new things and helping people. There is no money to be made, no medals to be won, no notoriety to be garnered. My continued offers to help you in the SE region have been ignored. In short, I have no idea what it is you want from me and you won’t say so I’ve given up. :?
I have nothing personal against you, I don’t know you. I’m only looking at facts, statements in writing, and edits. No one has said yes or no about anything yet. I think you are overreacting. Decisions are not made in hours or a day, sometimes discussions occur with fact gathering. Please be patient.