Really Bad Information From Waze Today

Waze directed me to first take Golf Road in DesPlaines eastbound from River Road. It continues to be closed due to flooding. I was then directed to Central Road, which is also closed. I was then caught in a very bad traffic jam. Interesting, yesterday the Waze map showed both roads closed. Today it showed them open, when they were not. Both Google Maps and Apple Map showed the roads closed. I’ve been a Waze user for over two years and constantly recommend it to friends. Today it let me down, badly. I’m very dissapointed in the app.

So, first, I’m sorry that you were inconvenienced. When flooding closures are announced by various agencies, volunteer map editors make their best estimates as to when the roads will reopen. Some times we get it wrong. Unfortunately, we’re all volunteers and sometimes our paying jobs prevent us from entering closures as fast as we would like.

That being said, we always welcome new editors, so if you’d like to help us keep the map updated, feel free to visit https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Waze_Map_Editor/Welcome

Thanks for letting us know, and again, I’m sorry for the inconvenience.