I’d like to request a difficult junction/turn when turning right out of Elms Road onto Grosvenor Road. This turn is totally blind due to the hedge in front of the buildings. Multiple times I’ve pulled out without knowing a vehicle was approaching! Quite an uncomfortable junction for unconfident drivers!
Mark the Right Turn to go north out of Elms road onto Grosvenor Road as a difficult turn if possible.
Link here
I am level 1, I cannot tell what level this edit is locked to!
Hi Orange,
Difficult turns in Waze are, for example, if you have to cross multiple lanes of fast moving traffic to make a turn, and is mainly used in the USA. There are some guidelines here:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=261780
Although the view is restricted at this junction, it wouldn’t be classified as difficult turn in Waze terms.
Also, “Narrow Street” is not a road type that is used in the UK, so I’ve changed Elms Road back to a normal street.
Hey Kevin,
Marked Elms Road as narrow due to it being difficult to funnel lots of traffic through. A tight one way residential! Where would I find the guidance for what road types are used in the UK?
Trying to get on my feet with this stuff, and can be a bit frustrating to get it wrong!
Thanks!
Best place to start is the UK Wiki:
https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/United_Kingdom
Theres a quick start editing guide there and also a section on the different types of road.
The “Narrow Street” type is a new type of road, and not very clearly defined by Waze unfortunately…hopefully something that will change in the future.
Also feel free to post here, use the map editor chat box or directly ask other editors for advice.