I would like to say I have little idea about writing scripts… I would be lying… I have no idea. Therefore I am unsure if what I am suggesting would even be feasible.
I would like to a way to change the way we deal with road closures.
If you have for example a 7 day closure of overnight only that entails 7 different closures being added… this increases the risk of errors.
Could it not be simplified to the same way we add restrictions i.e. we pick the time and the days (quite a lot of 7 day closures are Monday through Friday and not Saturday and Sunday.
Any thoughts???
Mark
Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
This is something that’s been requested as an enhancement to the current closures functionality in URO+, and which I’d have already added if the way WME handled closures was a bit more scripting-friendly. I’d prefer it if Waze would give us better native closure editing tools, but as it seems like they’re dragging their feet here then I may spend a bit more time considering how best to do it myself.
In the meantime, remember that URO already gives you the closure cloning feature, which greatly reduces the risk of making an error when inserting multi-day closures where it’s only the start/end dates which need to change.