Waze 中文版 Chinese language in Waze App

你们好。
我用了Waze差不多三年。一个月前我换英文到中文。但用了几天后就觉得有一点奇怪。例:Waze说“5晚了几分钟”, 英文就是 “5 minutes later”.对吗?
有没有人是Waze Translator (翻译员)吗?
只想帮手。对不起我的中文不好,在外国出生 :wink:

Hi there! (Sorry now in English, much better).

I’m a Waze user, beta tester (Android, IOS) and map editor but mostly stay on the background. I’ve used Waze for almost 3 years now and just recently changed to Chinese language just to try out. I saw some strange Chinese sentences/words being used as described above and were wondering if it’s just me or are those words indeed incorrect (wrong words used, and strange positioning)? Is there any Waze Translator active for the Chinese language?
Besides that, what is the progress of Waze maps in China? Have been using it twice in China for my last 2 holidays and saw that many locations, streets, roads were not available or incomplete. Hoping it could expand, grow in popularity and get to be a top satnav application there (those mainland satnav apps are terrible).

Just wanted to help.
Cheers.

waze在中国大陆地区,目前还不具有实际的作用,你可以尝试一下在一些大城市比如北京,上海,广州等等使用,但同时还是要使用其它导航。

关于翻译,waze的中文语言确实很古怪,不知为什么会这样

The following use google translation: waze in mainland China, not yet having a real effect, you can try Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, etc. For example, in the use of some big cities, but still want to use other navigation.

About translation, waze’s Chinese language is really very strange, I do not know why this is so

Welcome to try in Guangzhou :mrgreen:

Hi AirtjE,
Welcome to the forum. Yes, I agree that the Chinese translation needs improvement. You can help us too :wink: . Please see this forum post how to become a translator. We use Transifex. You can apply to be a translator for the project you want. For Chinese translation, I can approval your application.
If you have any further queries, feel free to post here or send me a PM.
Cheers,
Leo

Oh I saw your application. It’s now approved :wink:

/Lazy post, so in English.

About Mainland China: too bad it isn’t as widely used as compared to other countries. It would definitely be great to see it get better although I could imagine the headaches from all the paving/editing/correcting the maps hehe.

Thanks for accepting the Translator application. Will try to check it out soon and see why the strange Chinese words/sentences are being used in the Waze App. Will report back once I have had the change to do so and found something to translate :wink:

Good :wink: If you find any issues, you can post it here with screenshot or anything to help me to identify the issue.

Hi AirtjE,

There is some information for you to read before you do any translation.

https://sites.google.com/site/wazelocalization/

Cheers,

Leo