What’s the point of giving me the option to edit the map if i can’t actually edit the map. I’m trying to edit a street name and it says the segment is locked and i need to be at level 2 to edit it. Can’t get to level 2 because i haven’t edited anything before. Come to the forum and my country/region isn’t listed (Trinidad & Tobago/Caribbean). All i want to do is change a wrongly labeled street name. Why is that so difficult?
You can find the Trinidad & Tobago forum here:
- Board index ‹ Community ‹ Local Forums by Country (Language) ‹ Latin America, Caribbean & Spain ‹ Centroamérica y Caribe / Central America & Caribbean ‹ Trinidad and Tobago
Everyone is welcome to edit the map but, but that means everyone can edit the map, no matter their intentions or skill level. So most countries across the world make use of locks to protect important parts of the map from inexperienced editors. Unfortunately this leads to tension between those who want to get started and those who want to protect what’s already there.
I can’t speak directly to how the map is managed in T&T. Most countries manage their own maps and I’m not familiar with the setup there. But if you post your request in the forum I linked above, you’ll be able to get in touch with the existing editing community. Somebody should be able to assist you in making a change by unlocking the segment for you to edit. Who knows? If you enjoy editing the maps and get involved, then in a few months you could be one of the experienced editors assisting other newcomers in getting started. :mrgreen:
I have reached out (privately) to the Editor and asked that they get in touch with me to get this rectified. I have also invited them to join us in our local T&T WhatsApp group where we share local information, editing knowledge, and coordinate Waze meetups.
Wezy904 (5)
Still no response from user PattyThom101 as of Dec 17th.