121 West to DNT North, Frisco, TX

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-96.8222&lat=33.09566&zoom=6&layers=BFTFTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTFT&segments=68308164

The ramp north from westbound 121 onto Dallas North Toll road has a blocked continue through the intersection. I’m requesting an update versus an unlock since it’s on a toll road.

I discovered earlier today that both of the ramps to northbound DNT from the SRT had been deleted. I added the ramps back, but I couldn’t enable that turn restriction because of the locked ramp segment.

Not sure why those ramps had been removed in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (blame my phone for any typos)

Updated

Are you freaking kidding me? Who deleted them? That is ridiculous. I will do a once over. I think it’s a HUGE issue when you can’t edit a locked road but you can delete the whole dang thing!!!

Edit: Hi AggieJM (long time no “see”), can you (or Raider) confirm the ramp exiting from DNT S to SRT also has a ramp split off to the frontage road by Stonebriar Pkwy? I am tempted to delete it just to show them how it feels to have your hours of work messed with. But that would be evil of me… :evil:

No idea, that’s when it would be really nice to have an auditing feature to track deletions. When I came home from the airport last week, I noticed that Waze sent me down the frontage road to make the turn at the light instead of taking the interchange ramp. At that point, I just assumed it was some bad traffic data that made it think that route was best. When I looked at the map for something else, I saw that those two ramps were just gone. The junctions were still on the ramps where the old segments connected, so it looks like someone just decided to wipe some data.

As for the ramps from DNT S, it should be created as two separate ramps. I deleted the forking ramp on the exit from DNT to SRT since that was not correct. If we left that, Waze would drive people right past the exit and put them onto SRT. I guess I’m evil enough to delete that incorrect work to save someone from missing the first ramp. :twisted:

I was going to add the correct ramp locations, but I don’t have access to create a new junction on DNT. There should be an exit ramp from DNT S to Dallas Parkway named ‘Exit Headquarters Dr/121’ just south of where Gaylord crosses DNT. I put a map issue down yesterday to mark the ramp location, but it hasn’t shown up yet. My geo landmark was that the ramp was off of DNT right next to the building/pond in the office park on the west side. Shown here at the arrow.

121ramp.jpg

The ramp to SRT is 1/4 mile south of the ramp to Headquarters/121. If someone can either add that ramp and adjust the location of the SRT ramp, that would be great. Or unlock the DNT segment and I’ll make the changes. When the map issues finally show up, I should have the location markers for each of the ramp entries.

AggieJM, since you seem travel here more often than I do, I will unlock for you to make changes. But be sure and let me know when it’s done so I can lock again. Crazy.

OK, I’ve been out of town for a while and haven’t kept up to date on here.

I noticed that the ramp to 121/Headquarters is still missing from the map. I had put down issue markers at the ends of the ramps during one of my last trips through the area, but they never displayed (or they were closed by someone else).

If someone can unlock the SB segment(s) of DNT between Gaylord Pkwy and Sam Rayburn Tollway, I’ll add the missing ramp and update the location of the current ramp which is slightly off.