Automatic 4 -> L1 - A3 Northbound Surrey

Hi,

I am trying to mark the new average speed camera segment on A3 Esher way as Average but don’t have the level for it.

https://www.waze.com/en-GB/editor/?env=row&lon=-0.31918&lat=51.36470&s=71015703&zoom=3

I have added the cameras to their exact locations, they are not live yet.

http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/a3-average-speed-cameras-see-12770868

Thanks.

Thanks. Looking at the video, it seems there are 4.

We have 8 in waze currently, 3 with your name on, another one already already live, and 4 with other random wazers’ names.

Are those the 4 ? (3 of yours, plus the already live one)

Hi Stu,

sorry for the delayed answer, waze does not email me for some reason.

  • There was a stationary 50 mph one which has been removed now
  • They have added 3 average speed cameras to the locations I have marked on the map with my name.

There are only 3 average speed cameras as of today and they are not live yet.

Waze warns about them already as stationery speed cameras which is incorrect.

Just looked at the map and they have been spammed all around the road at inaccurate locations.

I have circled the correct cameras and average check zone starts with 1 ends with 3

I am keeping up to the date with the local newspaper to see when they are actually becoming LIVE

I’m rather surprised that the old camera has been removed while the new ones aren’t operational. However, if drivers are being told the Average Speed Zone IS operational, I’d suggest that we make it so.

Are three separate cameras needed at the point where the A309(W) crosses the A3(N)?

I can’t change or modify approved stuff, which is annoying.

If you can see my updates on the map, They are the exact locations for the cameras

They just posted temp yellow signs (by road side) saying Average peed cameras are in operation so we should mark the section asap to prevent people getting caught even for their trials as you have said.

I have put the pics with the cordinates at the bottom right so you can see what is what.

First speed camera, I have updated so should have my username against it (now but someone might change it later) literally right after the slow road marking! Zone starts


This camera is incorrect, too late already


this camera spot on.


there are multiple cameras added incorrectly, the blue one is correct one.
That is where the zone ends!

Images are bigger, for some reason forum crops them!

Here is the the Imgur destionation for them http://imgur.com/a/BcbLz

Thanks. I’ve asked for two or the cameras to be removed, leaving (hopefully) just the right ones.

I set the speed-check-zone yesterday (30th), so that should be live tomorrow all being well.

The average speed zone is live in the app too now.

I moved the start a little earlier yesterday, that tweak will be live tomorrow hopefully.

Thanks Stu,

I will take the route tonight if possible and confirm the changes!

Thanks. See if the 50 limit (may not be average speedcheck too) starts a little earlier too can you, we’re getting a couple of URs where the Barwell Lane bridge goes over the A3, were we still have it as 70mph in waze.

we will need to move the first camera (going north) a little bit further down but I can not report through the app or get’s lost with random user ID numbers rather than my name.

Will figure out this week

Hi. We’re currently clear of all unpublished cameras on that stretch, so we should be able to see yours separately.

Hi Stu,

did not see your post before pictures this evening!

We are nearly spot on and markings say SLOW not 50, no speed cameras on the way either.

All the images are in the following link

http://imgur.com/a/UvGyA