Bad directions

This morning I was travelling from West Palm Beach to Miami International Airport. I asked Waze to lead me to Miami International Airport. The directions I received took me to the Cargo terminals on the opposite of the airport from the passenger terminals. The confusion almost made me miss my plane. I hope this is just a glitch and no one else is misled. :evil:

I have also noticed waze taking inconvenient routes… Like directing you off the highway, onto back roads, and then back onto the highway. From what I saw, no heavy traffic was reported either. :?

This is covered in Item #27 of the Waze FAQ.

When navigating to any airport, you should try to search for terminals at the airport. Some airports have many terminals that aren’t necessarily close together, so you’ll want to specify the terminal if necessary. Or search for rental car dropoff, or long term parking, or wherever you need to go at the airport.

Usually the point location for just the airport itself is not near passenger terminals, and you can get really bad routing advice. Major airports are really large and there are a lot of possible destinations in them.