The past 3 times I went to MIA via eastbound Dolphin Expwy, Waze told me to take the airport exit ramp to 953 northbound, then “keep left” to 953 and make a suicidal U-Turn. This makes no sense.
The correct route is airport exit to 953 northbound, then “keep right” to the airport cloverleaf as signed.
Could someone please fix this ASAP?
What time of day was each of the 3 times? I am not able to currently recreate the issue described on waze. Where was the u-turn? NW 31st?
Taking a look at this right now, but I’m having a difficult time reproducing the behavior. Could you provide more information, like the time of day?
Permalink for those interested here
Another possibility… there is a fork to the right for the Rental Car Center. Is it possible Waze was telling me to “keep left” when it should be straight through? Hard to tell while driving, but in any case there should be no “left” instructions here ever.
I think I was able to reproduce this route. Hold tight, looking into this.
Yeah nice. It’s usually not just me when it does something super weird.
Just drove this again and got more info.
The purple line routing is absolutely correct before and during the ramp drive. The problem is limited to the turn-by-turn and the voice directions.
Each time I exit Dolphin, it tells me to keep left, even though the purple line is clearly showing a straight route.
I hope that explains this better.
I looked over the first issue and didn’t find anything obvious that stuck out - I was able to reproduce the U-turn route but not as a primary route, so there’s still the question of why that route shows up primary for you. I imagine that Central Blvd gets backed up given the time of day and that might make Waze choose a route that can get you further down Central than getting onto it directly, pending another explanation.
As far as the “keep left / keep right” situation for the rental car center exit, I think that the current setup is fine considering that that is a helpful distinction for the commuter.
That’s a terrible instruction. It needs to be straight or nothing at all.
Upon looking further, perhaps it is better suited as a continue straight. It’s been changed.
Drove this a few days ago. MUCH better.
Be aware that as of Oct 20, 2018, the exit for Miami International Airport on SR 836 East is now a RIGHT EXIT. In addition, the exit is 1/2 mile west of the former exit.
Hi @kelbickd1 we fixed this a few days ago (Sunday afternoon). It should be updated in the app by now. Thanks.