Hi
I havent used Waze for about 4 years but the other day I decided to give it a go again.
I have moved since I last used it, and now find that my road isn’t even on the map, so it cant get me home, even though the house has been here for 4 years now. (I think this is why people who dont use google maps get lost, as it takes you around a back road to a completely different street!) I thought I would “pave” the road like I could years ago, but i see this option is no longer available, and there is a new process by going online. I logged in online to make this edit, and it wouldn’t allow me even map my own road :shock:
Any advice?
Thanks ![]()
The Pave function is still in the app under Map Issue. Even if you pave the road with the app, someone will need to do some editing in the editor to complete the work.
What state/country are you in?
If you can provide a Permalink to the location, that would help as well.
In the lower right corner of WME you will see an icon that looks like a chain link or a pair of eye glasses ( depends on what you see ). Select the road segment in question (or place or UR, etc), hover over the icon just mentioned, Ctrl+C to copy, paste in this window. This provides any other editor a link to go directly to the item(s) you are interested in. Please look at this Wiki if you have questions on how to create one.
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/USA/Map_Editor_Interface_and_Controls#Permalink
Thanks for the reply!
Im UK…
https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon=-2.18601&lat=53.05425&s=70360343&zoom=7
^^ This is the permalink, hopefully it works! ![]()
IVe just tried it and its working from me ![]()
So basically the road is unnamed currently and leads onto the housing estate. The problem is that our road name is not recognised so people have to navigate via postcode - which leads them around the back to Greenway Ave, and obviously this has no access to our house … I think this is why our pizza got lost the other weekend :lol: :lol:
I’ve moved this to the UK Editor Requests forum
Thanks Vince. I have added the road now ![]()
Guys you are brilliant thank you all so much!
![]()
You are welcome ![]()