Road destroyed by tropical storm in very poor condition

the road suffered significant damage and the asphalt surface was lost, and it has landslide areas that have not been cleared https://waze.com/es-419/editor?env=row&lat=20.27345&lon=-98.16008&zoomLevel=15&segments=421132978

Is it completely blocked by the landslides?

It’s not fully open; there are areas that are blocked where only one car can pass, but there is still a risk of landslides in the area. They are working to clear the road so that even if it’s just dirt for now, it can be used to pass through more quickly.

There is access, I wouldn’t close it.

Regards,

I agree, as long as there is access, no closure should be put in place.

Regards

That’s exactly why I asked. So I’ll just add the “unpaved” attribute then. Will do. Thanks and regards.

I don’t know the area, but make sure the routing doesn’t break for those who have “avoid unpaved roads” enabled.

Exactly, I think the change to unpaved is very risky. Wouldn’t it be better to lower the road type and speed limit instead, to affect routing as little as possible?

Yeah, I thought the same thing. But if the pavement is heavily damaged, shouldn’t we consider it unpaved? Additionally, I saw there’s an alternative route, although you would have to take quite a detour. Now, what’s better? Going a few more km on good pavement, or maybe taking much longer on a road that no longer has pavement and has landslides and lane closures?

For now, I’ll leave it as primary st.

The router will be able to take that into account as congestion occurs and suggest a faster route.

Best regards

That’s how it is, the pass does exist although it’s very slow, but the road disappeared.

Ok, noted and understood, thank you very much.