["Edit throttling" off-topic] US Editors promotions

“In no time” may be a bit of an exaggeration. Is there a standard set of specific rules that must be followed and applied equally when promotions are considered?

As far as I know, there isn’t. So while one promoter may promote very liberally, another may promote very conservatively. Also I have been told that a promotion can only come by a small number of seniors (I think it was RC specifically, but I don’t recall off hand) from within your own editing area. Some of us have very small editing areas, so that severely limits us. But some of us also have editing areas that are spread across multiple regions, which gives a much greater chance. More people to make the promotion = greater chance of a promotion. And while they may like one editor and that one practically can do no wrong in the promoter’s eyes, they may not like another for any reason = great chance of no promotion.

“In no time” may be an exaggeration for your promotion but not for others who may read this based on what I wrote. I don’t know you or anything about your editing skills so I can’t comment to that. All I see are your routine posts in the forum here.

Most RCs promote the same. No, there is no set standard per se because it’s based on ones overall experience, knowledge, technical know-how, activity within WME and the community, wiki participation, WME Chat and helping others, respectfulness to other editors and the list goes on. A single editor doesn’t have to do all of the things mentioned but these are a few of the ways editors can get promoted (speaking for the US community).

It really has nothing to do with whether you edit in a small or large editable area. RCs are the ones with the rights to promote within their region, yes, but the state managers assist with making sure the RCs know who is ready for promotion and who is not ready for promotion.

Based on all the ways one can get promoted, there is no standard to apply equally nor should there be. This is off-topic though and not really related to throttling so feel free to start a new thread about this if I didn’t answer your questions.

And those RCs won’t always interpret what they see the same way, even between each editor. Nor may they equally agree that promotions should even happen.

This is related to throttling, because prior to this new promotion system promotions were given impartially: doing a set number of edits would always result in a promotion.

The pitfalls of a self-managed community I guess but one you have to live with since that’s how it is since I’m not going to be able to say anything here to appease you or convince you of anything different.

You could, karlcr9911. But in all honesty, you seem very callus. Even us-against-them.

My God!

Enviado de meu SM-A500M usando Tapatalk

I think the discussion has moved off the original thread topic. Promotions are an equally touchy subject, and while I am sure worthy of a good discussion maybe it deserves its own thread :wink:

Not callus at all…this is a very fun hobby for me and it’s so surprising how much time others, especially you, spend griping about Waze and how horrible everything is…especially in your region. I just counted 18 promotions that have occurred in CA since Dec 2015.

Looks like promotions are occurring, sorry if that doesn’t include you. You might talk with your RC why that isn’t happening for you if you feel you’re being overlooked.

Please start another thread or feel free to PM me if you would like to continue discussions since this doesn’t concern throttling.

Perhaps this needs to take a step back before we are biting at each other’s toes. First and foremost, we are all a part of this editing community whether happy or unhappy at how Waze is attempting to run some things. That does mean that there should be a modicum of respect for each other.

Edit: It’s also important to remember that while the CMs RCs and SMs are the most informed, they should not be the target of misdirected ire.

I think what was said about me deserves a reply here. But in all consideration, I’ll send a PM.