Edita em Minas Gerais? Comece por aqui! [MG]

Hi everyone!

I created this new introduction thread so that new and experienced editors starting out and/or already editing in the state of Minas Gerais can introduce themselves: tell us your name, where you’re active, where you usually edit, what you do, etc.

Cheers and happy editing! :wink:

Hi everyone! I’m Marcus, I live in Inconfidentes/MG and I like contributing to regional maps. So I’m always keeping an eye on mobility around here. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m just starting out and I’m open to tips, mentoring, and constructive criticism!

Cheers!

Welcome @Marquinho97, happy editing.
Here is the link to sign up for the Waze Mentoring program for new editors, if you’re interested.

Welcome @Marquinho97 and happy editing

thanks

I’m Paulosta, a long-time Waze editor; until 2018 I was an active AM for MG. I never stopped editing, but I have now returned to editing regularly. I was mentored by Idomar, who has endless goodwill, and today I have an editing area covering much of east-central Minas Gerais. I live in Ferros, MG and travel a lot between this region and BH.

I’m offering memorization or mentoring for anyone who wants it.

Good afternoon, everyone
My name is Altair, I’m from Montes Claros / MG and I’ve been working in IT for over 10 years. I’ve been using Waze for a long time and have even made some edits in my region. Today, I started the mentorship with @JohnyGrasel. I hope to gain a lot of knowledge to contribute to the community. My intention is to help the entire Northern Minas region where I’ve been visiting some cities and rural areas.

Thanks!

Welcome to our community. If you need any help, have questions, or anything like that, feel free to reach out to us here or via the WME chat, even though you are already being well supported by your mentor.

My name is Felipe, I’m from Divinópolis, MG, and I’ve been working as a rideshare driver for over 4 years. I’ve been using Waze for a long time and I’m looking to contribute to the Midwest region of Minas Gerais. I’m gradually learning how to edit and improve Waze in my region more and more.

Welcome! Your experience driving for Uber will help create a better map of central-western Minas Gerais.

Hi everyone!
My name is Pietro (pietromgbr)
I mainly edit in the Belo Horizonte metropolitan area and its surrounding belt in MG. I live in BH itself. I’m a Waze addict; I use it even to go 2km lol! I really love editing and I’ll reach level 2 in almost 600 edits; I’m really looking forward to it and to collaborating with Waze! I started on June 27th last year, which is when I signed up to contribute. I’ve been editing for a year now and I’m active on the platform every week.

I’ve finished a mentorship and I’m open to tips too. I’m always getting told off lol, but we always learn from our mistakes, right?!

Good morning to all, cheers!!! :innocent:

Welcome @pietromgbr, happy editing.

A very warm welcome! I’m here if you need anything. Happy editing!

Hi everyone.
I live in Southern Minas in the Serra da Mantiqueira region.
I know the rural backroads of the region and would like to contribute by adding road segments and interesting places that aren’t on the map.
Recommendations are very welcome!

One of the biggest questions I have is that almost every time I try to add a new road segment or a new business (shop, warehouse, bar, etc.), an error appears saying that I cannot edit that segment. I have often stopped adding roads in the Mantiqueira region because of this. Any recommendations?

Welcome @Mannofr to the Waze editors forum.
A suggestion: participate in the mentoring program for new Waze editors. It is important for understanding the rules and standards, and especially why this error message is appearing.
Here is the link to sign up:

Good morning, everyone.
My name is Manno (@MannoFr) and I’m from Aiuruoca, in the South of Minas.
I work in the geoprocessing field and am the founder and coordinator of a volunteer forest fire brigade. I have been traveling the dirt roads of my region, in the Serra da Mantiqueira, for many years, and I would like to contribute to improving the information and mapping of these small roads in the area.
I recently started my mentorship with @IdomarCerutti and I’d like to say that I’m very impressed with the level of organization of this community and all the information and knowledge.
It’s a pleasure to be part of such a well-structured volunteer community!

Welcome @Mannofr, happy editing.

Welcome! @Mannofr!
Happy editing :wink: