Display Station Name instead of Brand in Price Update

Hello, community! I hope everyone is doing well.

I would like to share an observation and suggest an improvement to the fuel price update interface.

The Problem: Currently, when stopping at a station and using the (+) > Fuel Price button, the list of nearby establishments displays the brand name of the fuel, and not the station name itself.

Practical Impact: In locations with several nearby stations that use the same brand (especially “Unbranded” stations), correct identification becomes confusing and sometimes impossible for the user. This can easily lead to price updates at the wrong station, which compromises data accuracy for the entire community.

Real Example: In an area I frequent, there are three nearby stations:

  • Setta Station
  • Ipiranga Station
  • São Francisco Station

However, when trying to update the price, the list in the app shows:

  • Unbranded
  • Unbranded
  • Unbranded

Although I can deduce which one is correct by proximity (usually the first in the list), a less experienced user might get confused and enter the price at the wrong location. I have already seen cases where I had to correct the values for all three stations because they were swapped by another user.

Additional Note: It is important to note that the stations are correctly named and configured in the WME (Waze Map Editor). Furthermore, if the user uses the station search function, the correct names are displayed. The inconsistency occurs specifically on the quick price update screen.

Suggestion: My suggestion is that the price update list starts displaying the Place Name (Station) instead of the Brand field. This would bring consistency with the rest of the app and ensure that user contributions are more accurate.

Thank you for your attention, and I would like to know if anyone else has noticed this issue.

Best regards!

Man, this fuel price thing on Waze is really hit-or-miss!

Near my house, there are two Petrobras stations and one Shell. But this Shell station’s prices keep disappearing from the app. Even the auto-update feature provided by a partner doesn’t fix this problem.

Another station where I fill up only sells premium fuel, but Waze shows prices for regular fuel.

Even updating the prices manually is hard with that page layout, because you can’t be sure which fuel corresponds to which box.

Regarding the fuel name display, I think that instead of showing “Regular Gasoline”, it should be “Reg. Gas” for small layouts. I haven’t seen the part about prices disappearing yet, but on my daily commute, there’s a Wazer who always updates the prices for all fuels at a certain station to be R$0.20 more expensive than the actual price on the signs or at the pump. So, when I pass by, I update it to the real value.

Is the user who updates the prices Waze3rdParty?

Correct, that’s right.
And I went to check: I updated the price last night, and looking now this morning, the update isn’t there, and the facade photos, following the rules for photos, were deleted; the photos were taken last week, during the day, with good visibility.

This user is a bot that performs price updates provided by a partner. The problem is that it’s doing it wrong!

There is no point in correcting the prices because the bot undoes everything.

Take a look at this thread on the subject: Atualização automática de preços de combustíveis

Yeah, I think that if it’s inefficient, it shouldn’t be active, because I’ve already been to some stations that suffer from the same problem.
Then our help becomes irrelevant, and it’s discouraging.