Galway hospice

New entrance to galway hospice from Dublin rd/michael collins rd junction. Old entrance from Renmore church now blocked off.Can this be corrected as I am new to this.
https://www.waze.com/livemap?zoom=17&lat=53.27774&lon=-9.01846

Do you want somebody else to make the edit for you?

If so, can you describe exactly the change that needs to be made? (I have to ask because I’m not based in Galway and I don’t know if a Galway-based editor will see this request). Does the new entrance turn the T-junction where Michael Collins Rd meets the Dublin Rd into a crossroads?

thanks!

++David \ davidg666

Yes that T junction is a crossroads now which makes a new entrance into the hospice and if you could do that for me it would be great thanks.Also there is a wall across the old entrance from the church now with the old rd inside the hospice cut back from the wall about 3 ft.

OK - I’ve just made the change. Can you check that it looks OK in the editor (here)?

Can you also check that the turn restrictions at the new crossroads are correct? At the moment all turns are enabled, including right turns into and out of the hospice.

If that’s all good, it should go live in the next couple of days. Please let me know if it’s not quite right.

Finally, would you have any interest in getting into editing the map yourself? It’s fairly straightforward, and there are lots of resources (training videos, wiki pages, forums (and it looks like you’ve already found the Ireland forum)). I can send you on some links if want.

++David \ davidg666

Thanks David thats wonderful, great job and there are no turn restrictions from any direction on that new crossroads.The editing is a bit daunting for me but I think I will stick at it and do send me any links that might help.

OK - here’s the list I often send new editors about editing in Ireland. I’m posting it here too for the benefit of other new editors:

  1. The wiki: http://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Main_Page
  2. Map editing guide in the wiki: https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Best_map_editing_practice
  3. The forum: https://www.waze.com/forum/
  4. The Ireland section of the forum: https://www.waze.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=119
  5. The Ireland section of the wiki: http://wiki.waze.com/wiki/Ireland

++David \ davidg666