I’m new to Waze map editing and I’m keen to learn the ropes and improve the map of my local area.
I’m not sure if this is the right place to be posting this, but hello to you all anyway.
Any advice and support you can give me will be gratefully received. There’s a lot of new road construction going on across the three towns of Thanet (Margate, Broadstairs & Ramsgate), I’m hoping that I can help to keep the map bang up to date with these changes. Thanks to Timbones for pointing me in the right direction (and this forum) as I learn to become an editor, I hope that you will appreciate my efforts going forward.
I’ll be available most days to go and perform physical checks on roads and places, so that the work I do here will be as accurate as possible.
Right, I hope I don’t step on anyone’s toes, if I do I apologise in advance.
Any advice you need just ask! Search the forum, post a question and join in! Don’t be shy as the rest of us aren’t! Have a good read through the wiki too - https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/United_Kingdom
And good luck (this editing malarkey is addictive!)
Pip
Pip
Level 5 Area Manager - North of Ireland
Tapatalk on iPhone
Welcome and good luck, and never be worried about shouting for help when you mess something up, we have all done it :oops: .
My tip, if you haven’t already discovered it, is to use the “Pave” feature in the app, find it under the report a “Map Issue” button. This will map any new roads that you drive then when you get home log into the editor and you will find your new roads in red ready for you to finish editing. They wont appear in the app until you name them, if you don’t know the name then just mark them as unnamed. You should also tidy them up, set the turns and remove any excess nodes but it is a great way to get new roads in the correct GPS location, remember aerial views may be slightly out so it is better to align to actual GPS tracks than to an aerial view.