Strange route to reach the town of Vransko (Slovenia)

I hope I’m posting in the right place; a few days ago I had to reach the town of Vransko, and the route suggested by Waze from any city in North-Central Italy, such as Milan or Verona, is about 110km longer and over an hour more than what Google Maps suggests.

In short, once you reach Palmanova, Waze has you proceed towards Pontebba, cross into Austria, and then head back down towards Ljubljana.

It’s a rather strange choice; if you would like to check it, I look forward to your feedback.

Hi, you need to add the Slovenia vignettes in the settings, otherwise Waze won’t route you through there:

You’re right, Francesco, I couldn’t find the “catch.” Thank you very much for your kind response.

The thing that puzzles me, though, is that it would have made more sense if I had set “avoid tolls,” so without meaning to or knowing it, you find yourself with an alternative and “longer” route.

If I can be of help, I often travel to Poland via Austria and the Czech Republic, where vignettes are mandatory, and it still calculates the correct route before adding them in the app. (It asks you to add them only after calculating the route)

Testing Francesco’s route on the Waze app, without setting the vignettes, coming from Padua… etc., after Palmanova it continues towards Trieste and connects to the A4/A34 near Villesse, continuing on the H4 for Ljubljana… The app asks me to add the vignettes after calculating the correct route via Ljubljana.

So I believe the routing is correct (the same as Google Maps). Anyway, check the vignette settings and try again.
@wiz71 Try updating the app as well.

@onydea Thanks for your kind feedback. To get straight to the point, try this Verona-Vransko route on the live map: https://www.waze.com/it/live-map/directions/vransko-zalec-si?to=place.ChIJmxQkWzVCZUcR6r0U_7PHVGg&from=place.ChIJ4-CbaWhff0cRW1mCaGNa-FM

and then the same on Google Maps:

As a complete novice, even on Waze I get the same route (Waze is up to date); it doesn’t alert me to the possibility of adding vignettes, I do NOT have “avoid tolls” set, and so after setting the destination, I follow (or rather, I would follow) accordingly.

Thanks again

Waze only shows this routing on the web page. I’m not sure what it depends on, probably because you can’t enter vignettes.

On the app, you can also add the vignette via the settings, as per bedo2921’s suggestion.