Kenilworth, Warwickshire Unlock request

Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segments.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=row&lat=52.35746&lon=-1.48584&zoomLevel=14&segments=309686150,410507057,336614911,429771818,429771819,403729739,403729738
Reason: Adjust between primary street and street road types to make waze less aggressive in navigating through Bubbenhall and lean more towards using the much better and safer route through Stoneleigh Road.
Unlock to level: 2

Thank you in advance,

I don’t entire agree with this, I drive these roads regularly and have never felt unsafe using them. If a road feels unsafe you should contact the Local Authority who are responsible, not change Waze mapping.

Waze routing is based on user data, if the roads are slower due to being narrower or more corners and junctions this will already be accounted for. If Waze is suggesting the route this is what it is designed to do.

If you don’t agree then it is what it is. As someone who also drives through and into Bubbenhall frequently I feel we have made the user experience less beneficial by giving Bubbenhall Rd primary classification and leaving out Stoneleigh Rd. Stoneleigh Rd has consistent road width with clear markings and floods significantly less when there is rain. Not to mention that it did once have primary road type.

I appreciate your point about contacting the local authority rather than changing the Waze map. But it is important to remember that we editors are not 100% consistent with following this and have made very unorthodox changes to the map countless times before to benefit our fellow users.

Waze routing is influenced a lot by road classification in my experience and this can sometimes be counterintuitive for the user. I took this photo on the 19th of May this year of a common occurrence where Waze is selecting a route for me where it avoided this stretch of road in favour of the route which has the primary roads:(unavailable attachment: Screenshot_20230519-144451.png)-
I think most people would agreed the route around that small stretch of Coventry Rd was unnecessary but Waze routing is not always perfect and I thought we could map this area better for the user.

I have deliberately changed the roads through Baginton village to Street due to the construction of the new access roads and junctions from the A45 into the new airport business parks. This is a deliberate change as the intention of building a new access road to better standards was to reduce the heavy traffic through the village.