New to waze, love the app - is there an api?

H all,

I couldnt find a contact us link, so thought someone on the forums may be able to help.

Is there a web service or other api where you can get live information from? I.e. road blocks, slow traffic etc.

Any info would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

Sam

I have not heard of one outside what they are providing to media affiliates. Which I wouldn’t official called a sanctioned API, but more of a portal tuned for the affiliates use.

Waze is only 2 1/2 years old, and is still tuning things up, so an API is probably on the to do list, but they are trying to make sure the base product keeps running at this point.

www.waze.tv

Email address are on the about -> contact us page

https://www.waze.com/about/contact/

The TV stations are using the Waze application with some additional controls that allow them to pause the screen and maybe some additional functions. I don’t believe they can use their software via an API to Waze.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see then.

A few simple methods like being able to get est time between two addresses with any associated status updates that contributed to the time would be really good.

Is there a central email address/support team who may be able to give accurate info on it?

Thanks again

Sam

I assume you have seen the Waze Live Map?

www.waze.com/livemap

Yes, exactly like that, just without the map. Getting the data back instead. Is that possible?

You have to understand that waze is a business, and some of this data might be considered IP, so they may not want to expose it, unless you are looking for a business partnership that can monetize, and help offset the operating costs.

If you are just an individual just looking for a cool project to work on, probably best to put something on waze.uservoice.com, and then wait for when they have development resources available to build something.

If you are a business, then bizdev@waze.com

Thanks for your help

Hi guys, someone knows how to access the waze reports without the App? Are there some API or documents about it? Thanks in advance!

Did you read any of the thread you posted in?

via Tapatalk

Do you know how access the live report? Could you tell me how?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There is no official API. Waze doesn’t officially support access to the webserver or client data other than through the client or website.

Some people have reverse engineered the code that is visible to us to do other things, and some of those “hacks” have been requested to be removed from the wiki and forum at the request of Waze HQ.

So… what you are asking requires some skill set, and probably some time. So, I would think that a more drawn out email, with what you are trying to do, and what you need the code for, might draw some interest. But just repeatedly asking for something that doesn’t exists as a simple url, isn’t probably going to go anywhere.

Thanks for your answer. Where can I write an email to explain what is my idea?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I’d like to know why you keep expecting everyone else to read this thread for the information we all know was already written here instead of you reading it yourself?

You are right, the thing is we should be able to access live reports to publish through social networks or any other web site or via rss feed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would try the contacts on the about page http://www.waze.com/about/contact/

The app already has ways to post to facebook and twitter for your reports. Being able to extract this data for an area, just hasn’t been provided.

The developers are working on stability right now for the core product, so adding an API (which really needs the backend to be solidified, and stable) is just not in the immediate priorities.

Thank you for your info. Kind regards.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD