Lake County Ohio; River road at South Ridge Road (Rt84) permanently closed at 41.727152, -81.174599. A new road has been created named Adams Rd that I have added to the map in the editor. River road has been closed because the new Vrooman Road will connect at South Ridge Rd directly across from Lane Rd 41.728945, -81.181107.
OK, I think I have the location and see that Adams Rd needs to be connected:
https://www.waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&lon=-81.17821&lat=41.72918&zoom=5&segments=517289329
I can do that, and alert the local editing community to doublecheck things.
By the way, if you want to bring editors to a point of interest, it’s best to create a permalink (like the one above) rather than the lat/long coordinates. Select the segment or other map object you want to highlight, and then In the lower right corner of the map, click the little link icon. The page will reload with the PL in the address bar.
Somewhat associated with this, Lane Rd is closed at South Ridge road while they are working on the connector. Waze has the road closed at Shepard Rd (which is where the detour routes) but since I live on the part that is closed, waze will not take me home south on lane road past Shepard road. There is only a section about 100 yards long of Lane Rd that is closed at South Ridge Rd (84). The remainder of Lane Rd is open to local traffic only and accessible from the north end of the road. The map needs to have points “A” and “B” moved to the south end of Lane Rd.
I removed a closure on the segment north of the railroad. Does that help? I can cut it and refine the closure length, but that will need a map update and can be tricky
Thanks, That should help me and people coming to our house. All house and businesses are accessible from Lane Rd North; it’s only the south 100 yards that’s closed to traffic. If you look at a satellite view of Lane Rd you can see there are other houses and business on that section that is still marked as closed. I do not know how long it will be closed. BTW: Thanks for the quick response!
You’re welcome. I disconnected the closed segment of Lane Rd and brought its end to the old Lane Cycle Company. Then I made a new segment between that and the railroad, so that the closure would stay on the map until the new tile build is done. That should happen by Sunday, and then you will get better routing to your address and your neighbors’. One question though: Do you know what the speed limit of Adams Rd is?