Actuellement, le danger “Multiple lanes merging”, traduit en “Jonction de plusieurs voies”, est utilisé de manières assez diverses.
Si on se réfère à la section Mapping guidelines du document officiel à propos des dangers permanents, on constate que le danger est censé être utilisé lorsque plus de deux voies se rejoignent à la fois, donc lors du passage de 3 à 1 voies, ou de 4 à 2 voies.
Or, il m’arrive de constater que Multiple lanes merging est utilisé pour les voies d’entrecroisement. Cela me semble inapproprié et susceptible d’encourager la désactivation de la fonctionnalité par les usagers. 3 exemples :
Je propose donc d’ajouter à la section du wiki une condition simple : le danger ne peut être ajouté que lorsqu’il y a une diminution de 2 voies ou plus (3->1, 4->2, 4->1…). Cela devrait à mon sens permettre de limiter le nombre d’utilisations de ce danger, renforçant ainsi son impact.
Au passage : je viens de me rendre compte que mes exemples venaient tous de Milky, mais ma proposition ne concerne évidemment pas que ses éditions et personne n’est directement visé
J’essaierai d’en trouver d’autres quand j’aurai un moment.
I don’t use this PH; I don’t understand its purpose or how to use it.
And using it for a 4>1 lane reduction — it’s not a junction of several lanes, but a lane reduction.
For case #1, I have mixed feelings. I don’t necessarily know if it’s good or bad. Having discussed it with Wazers, some found it quite good as they highlighted that it warns about the fact that there will be many voice prompts and builds confidence thanks to this early announcement to avoid being caught by surprise.
For case #2, I didn’t see the utility of the PH.
For case #3, I’m in favor of the 2x2s that join AND where the merging lane merges. I find it very useful, and there’s also a lot of positive feedback on this use case (whether from Wazers and road services, but also 3 thank-you URs).
We are not all the same drivers, don’t forget that. Some just got their license, others have been driving for 40 years, some young people are going on vacation for the first time, others have been making the trip since childhood to bring their children. Locals don’t have the same perspective on the same roads as those who don’t pass through them often (when you’re local, you actually forget the dangers out of habit, but they are still there). The subject is a major debate; deciding on a simple yes or no isn’t very constructive, and putting them everywhere isn’t the solution either. SMs/RMs should know where to place them for their utility