Rank2: McLean, VA

I-495 currently is an expressway requiring tolls and have not been labeled to reflect that.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-77.2057&lat=38.94148&zoom=5&layers=TBFTFFTTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTTT&env=usa&segments=69401930,69801616,69803110,69401928,63589207,63248076,69105653,69678887,63248101,69105654,69105484,69678949,63695596,69678948

You can’t get on the express lanes without passing through a segment (like this one) marked as requiring a toll. This should be sufficient to prevent routing on the express lanes for anybody that has “avoid toll roads” selected on their phone. It should also cause any route that uses the express lanes to be labelled as a toll route by waze.

That being said, I’m a bit confused by your blanket statement that I-495 requires tolls. Only the new express lanes are restricted. The outer regular lanes are free. The inner express lanes are also free if you have EZ-Pass Flex transponder and are HOV compliant.

Is there anything about the waze map that is inconsistent with the information here: https://www.495expresslanes.com/

That is correct and I was referring to the Express lanes specifically (sorry for not clarifying that). So for an issue reported like that, should it be marked as solved?

Well anytime now the conversation feature should be released and you should be able send a message explaining the situation.

Great! Thanks for your help! :slight_smile: