Reverse connections - removing them?

Sure, I can hide them, but I guess they are there for a reason.

I used to be able to easily remove any reverse connections, but no longer. If I disable/ enable all turns waze refuses to save the changes.

Is it a known problem?

Or can we simply ignore them?

Guidance please :slight_smile:

a recent WME update has borked the disable/enable all turns functionality /sigh

Two things:

Reverse connections (Revcons). These are generally created when a two-way segment is changed to one way. WME does not remove the turn onto the segment that is now “against” the traffic flow. It used to be the case that this could, under very special circumstances, cause Waze to route onto the one-way segment in the wrong direction because the turn was enabled. An example of this occurred where the M4 crossed into Wales over the toll bridge. If a user with “avoid tolls” turned on continued to approach the bridge, they reached a point where the only choice was to drive onto the toll segment - or use a connecting segment and drive the wrong way over the carriageway heading towards England (which isn’t toll). We had quite a few URs from very confused drivers! :lol:

This problem with routing was long since fixed. As far as we know, reverse turns now have no implications for routing.

However, they are a useful indicator that road directions have been changed by an inexperienced editor who doesn’t carefully enable all turns then disable forbidden ones; and who likely isn’t using a script which shows them. So seeing a revcon is a hint that you might want to check out what’s been changed.

I had an example just last night. I saw a couple of revcons and had a look. Two roads with 90°bends close to each other had a single 2-way segment connecting them. Someone had changed that segment to 1-way and added a second one-way segment in the other direction - despite this being a 10m segment of road with nothing more than a traffic island in it. The angles they left also allowed u-turns to be routed around the island. I would not have found the mistake if the revcons hadn’t been there.

Disable/enable turns not working. This depends on the state of your SHIFT-Z toggle - whether or not you have “show all red arrows” turned on. Now normally, my advice is always to have this turned on. However when you do - that’s when the disable/enable all turns changes fail. If you do either whilst “show all” is turned on you are going to have to refresh the page.

QW / disable:enable turns. getting some more focus now https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=216356