Road Addition Request for small neighborhood in Dresser, WI

Hi all,

I’m looking to get a few roads (unpaved) that are part of a new-ish neighborhood added. I’ve updated these roads over at OSM, but it doesn’t look like I have rights to do so here on Waze.

https://waze.com/en-US/editor?env=usa&lat=45.35172&lon=-92.57978&s=13505871985940&zoomLevel=17

Here is a screenshot of the county GIS map that shows the official naming of the roads.

One thing to note, not sure if it matters for Waze or not, but Polk county does some weird naming of their roads. In this example there are multiple “segments” of 207th St, one a bit north, and one a bit south. Right now Google Maps shows this whole neighborhood as 99th Ave. So when I give someone the address of 995 207th St, it takes them to the end of the segment a few miles south. So far GMaps has declined all of my fix requests though, so I’m hoping I can get it working correctly here on Waze!

If there is anything additional you need from me, just let me know. Alternatively if you could enable me to make these updates, I’d be happy to do so.

Thank you,
Austin

Hi Austin-

I’ve got those built in. Take a look and see they look right. I set them to Private Road type as that’s how the county labeled them. Note, it will take a couple of days before they show up in the app and a day longer for the addresses I added to be indexed.

WME will not let you create a road unless you been within 1 mile of the location in the last 90 days (for rank 1 editors). To edit a road that you don’t have permissions for, the interface will let you request to edit and then one us senior editors will review, grant, or contact you.

My apologies, I forgot to check back on this!

I just took a look and the roads look correct, thank you!

One question though on addresses. When I entered an address to navigate to, it takes me to the section of 207th street that’s a bit south of there. Is that something that’s fixable, or just needs more time? (I tried the 995 207th St. address)

As for map editing, I did read about that 1 mile rule, but I’ve been out there many times, yet Waze thinks I haven’t been. I know cell coverage is spotty, so I wonder if that’s what it is. Regardless, you got them entered for me, so no worries.

Thanks again,
Austin

I just took a look at this and see that the 995 isn’t in the GIS information that we are provided. However, I was able to locate it as the 1st parcel on the West side of the road once you enter the subdivision.

I added your address in there for 995 207th St, Osceola, WI

Let’s give it a couple day’s to sync up and we’ll have you try again.

Thanks

It looks to be all correct now! Just took a test navigation to it and it’s right on the money. Thank you!

Excellent. Glad were were able to help.