Search result not showing roads

Can anyone explain why the search in the app & livemap do not bring up Wheatmore Gr without having to select the More Results link :?:

I’ve experienced search not finding a recently added road but assumed it was just slower adding the names to the search index. The above segment dates back to 2014.

Disclaimer: I could be talking a load of rubbish :wink:

I’m under the impression that the quick search results actually use Google, and the ‘More Results’ option uses Waze (and others). Looking at Google maps Wheatmore Gr doesn’t show up, so my first line of attack would be to report a map problem to Google to get that updated.

Unless something has changed behind the scenes at Waze, then Sam is correct - all initial road name searches use Google results, and there are a surprising number of “older” roads that remain absent from the Google map data.

Cheers guys, that seems counter intuitive considering Waze has an up-to-date database of road names provided by the editors.

Guess I’ll be doing more Google edits in future :frowning:

Related note: Waze have just realised that their search index hasn’t been updated since May. They’ll be addressing that shortly…

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk