State Hwy Road Sheilds for New Zealand

the wiki has been updated but not finished

http://www.waze.com/wiki/?title=New_Zealand/RoadLabelNZ

  1. In principle I agree but it appears that as Waze is becomes more popular (more users) level 1’s are starting to break main routes (as per my other posts)

  2. Can you read this

http://www.waze.com/wiki/?title=New_Zealand/RoadLabelNZ#Locking_Roads

Its says only lock finished roads and add “handles” so level “1” can finish. (I understand that’s what much of world does?)

Again this is what other parts of the world do.

The logic is that Waze has problems routing over long distances. From my understanding every time a segment changes name a penalty occurs.

So for example SH1 with no name changes will be classed as one segment. etc

I have removed that part form the NZ wiki, just us the international standard, no point reinventing the wheel

I believe these are the ‘Routes’ I was mentioning, I dont know of anyone who knows the roads by its route number, and many of them go via normal streets, but if theres enough interest and we can find where they all are then we could add them.
[/quote]

see updated wiki

Question

Does anybody want locking of State Hwy?

If so, to what level?

I’m actuality quite proud of our level 1 highways but bad things are starting to happen :frowning:

I’ve pretty much been against locking, but some edits I’ve seen recently have started to sway me. :\

Thanks ispy for the clarification on TTS - was just me being a bit slow :wink:

ispyisail, I have emailed Amit a current list of road signage for New Zealand and have asked if he can forward you a copy of what is proposed.
Have a look at it, and let me know if this is of acceptable standard and format type we need for New Zealand before we start renaming roads.

I’ve been waiting for Oz to get it working before pushing ahead.

TTS is real bad with the format SH-1

And I would suggest the same. We created a small township in the middle of nowhere and stuck every possible sign combination in it we could think of. Not only did this give us an idea of what the shields will look like, but for test driving too.

While the NZ shields will be generated, nothing changes until you rename the road to the template format. Ie: choose a State Highway section In a rural area and use that as your tester until you get the format right.

???

any resemblance to this

https://www.waze.com/wiki/New_Zealand/RoadLabelNZ

That’s why i’m waiting for Oz to get there’s working first

I’m not sure shields is going to make my waze experience any better?

When are you guys going to get service station working? Too much time working on shields :slight_smile:

Yes. Very similar.The NZ crew just have to decide the proper abbreviation for the Urban roads. You have specified ISRxxx in the example. If that was the agreed consensus, then the mask will be such.

  • Oz has more shields than NZ, whereas NZ only has 2 main ones and the Tourist Route. I personally think it looks better. Similar to Google Maps style (strange that)
    LTNZ recommend in their documents that SH emblems are to be used, so in the long run, it should give the Wazer a better driving experience.

Service Stations are approx 70% done, but I dont think this forum is the place to talk about Oz stuff. We have 2 teams doing the task. And keep in mind, Oz has a heck of a lot more shielded roads than NZ! :wink: