Stop recommending Mackey Pike in Kentucky

Frequently, Waze recommends Mackey Pike as part of a route out of Lexington, KY toward Danville, KY. This is a rural road with many twists & turns - and no shoulders. With heavy rains, it floods. The road becomes so narrow that oncoming cars must slow to a crawl and occasionally pull off the road to pass. There is a bridge that is only wide enough for 1 car at a time. I’d like Waze to stop recommending Mackey Pike because one day someone will get killed. Please stop recommending Mackey Pike.

Hello!

Commonwealth Editor Here.

I’d like to confirm, you’re referring to Mackey Pike that starts at 1980 in Fayette County and ends at 169 in Jessamine County, correct?

If that’s what you’re referring to, Mackey Pike is already the least ranked road that is recommended to users.

Do you regularly get routes for this way and feel the route is undesirable or do you live nearby and feel the road is seeing a surge in traffic lately that you feel can be undesirable?

Just taking an initial scan, I can see where Mackey Pike may be a choice for some users, mainly for users in the neighborhoods around Tates & Man O’War going toward Nicholasville and vice versa, but the bulk of routing will more than likely have users take 1980 to US-27 or 1974 to 169 toward Nicholasville.

I’m not sure I see where users going from Lexington toward Danville and vice versa would get routes this way.

I’ll discuss this with local editors in this area.

Would you please provide some screenshots of being routed this way. Or provide us with a Lexington address in this area and a Danville address so we can get a better understanding of what you’re reporting?

We’ll take a look, but forewarning, their may not be much we can do, or if their is a resolution, it may not suit what you’re expecting.