[Unlock] L4->L3 A1(S) J39 to J38

My Level: 3
Area Manager: No

Would a level 4 editor or above please unlock these eight segments to level 3.

Thanks, Andrew (a2bpdq)

Location: A1(S) J39 to J38 (Permalink)
Reason: Remove Average Speed Zone
Adjustments Required: Turn off average speed cameras and enable turn to Scorcher Hills Lane
Sources: UR and checked Highways England, no current roadworks

Please can you contact the local editor noisytwit who recently asked this unlocked to add the 50 & ASC to confirm rather than removing this only to add it again.

https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=375&t=299142

Ok sent.

It appears we editors were late to set up the average speed zone on the map and so there were lots of URs. We finally put it on the map just as it was coming to an end on the ground. Since then the average speed zone has been dismantled on the ground and now we’re late removing it on the map, thus more URs.

It would appear from Highways England that traffic is regularly flowing at 70mph which is a strong indication that the speed limit has been reset to normal. Using Route Speeds in Waze it shows generally over 50mph, real time and historic, though I don’t know how reliable that is.

The one good piece of intelligence we got, which I think we should trust, is a UR stating that there is no sign of the average speed zone, no cameras and no speed limit signs. This is backed up by Highways England where there are no current or scheduled roadworks along this stretch.

Therefore could we please go ahead and remove the speed zone. I don’t mind if you do it. You already did part of it (allowed the turn into Scorcher Hills Lane). Please do it yourself or unlock it so I can do it or the original editor could do it but they have not replied yet. Thanks.

All unlocked.

I thought it prudent we check first, with the rise in URs I’m happy this is updated. I fixed the turn arrow as this was an error by me not part of the ASC changes.

Thank you, Chris. I have turned off the average speed cameras in those segments.

In my excitement when planning this I overlooked that the speed would also need to be changed so I have done that. The speeds have been changed from 50mph to 70mph. I also overlooked that the three speed cameras are separate entities. Would you kindly remove those or unlock them for me to remove.

Speed Camera 1
Speed Camera 2
Speed Camera 3

I have completed editing the eight segments. Please check and lock these.

Easier to remove the cameras, so done, will you be responding to all the URs :?:

Thanks Chris. Yes, I will reply to and close off the URs.