Waze has location wrong

Using Waze to navigate to:
Éilan Hotel & Spa|18603 La Cantera Terrace | San Antonio, TX 78256
Takes you to a location .6 mile away on the wrong side of I-10. Very unhelpful.

Looks like google is the issue here. Try working with google maps to report and resolve the issue.

I’ve had decent luck with Google making quick changes lately. Besides dragging their PIN to the right place, I usually say in the notes, something to “help” them confirm I’m not blowing smoke.

Usually a “this error and new location can be confirmed by street view”, seems to help, LOL.

Several times I have been directed to a street BEHIND the street where the address searched for is located. How do you fix this in map editing?

Wazu7, when Waze uses Google data, it sends you the the closest segment of the pin’s GPS coordinates. Sometimes an alley or other street is closer. To fix it, the house numbers need to be confirmed. Search the Wiki for more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True … and there is a newer script out there that shows which house numbers have been confirmed, by changing the color. It’s been useful.

To Wazu7’s original issue, when the pin placement is related to commerical property, often a strategically placed parking lot road will solve getting to the destination on the proper pavement. Again, depending on the situation.

Thanks

I have a problem with my address with Waze it has me 0.8 ,0.3 instead of 0.0 how do I correct it to the actual 0.0 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have discovered a wrong location as well. When updating the map and trying to add my residence, Waze states that the address is 1.8 miles west from the correct location. Honestly, I’m not too shocked by this considering that I have personally have never had any experiences where any GPS used by my friends and family actually pinpointed us correctly.
What can I do to resolve this issue??

Though most of us won’t be able to make any change (out of area), post a PERMALINK of the locations in question, so others can take a look and suggest a fix.

A friend of mine who is high up in Waze leadership told me their coming out with a new version to fix this problem a thorn in our side for awhile now . My address has been has been off as much as 8.0 miles , let’s have patience and just wait .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not understanding the problem. Are these locations correct on the waze map?

CBsnson no it’s not my car is at the correct address where I’m parked but my house is 3.7 miles away , I just put my address in and that’s what I got . Sometimes it’s as much as 8.0 miles . Another time it might be 3.0 miles I don’t understand it at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m still not understanding. Is waze showing your house at the correct location on the map, but showing your current location erroneously 3.7 miles away? Or is waze showing your current location correctly but showing the search result for your address at an incorrect location on the map 3.7 miles from the actual location of your house?

I’m still having problem with my works and home address , my address is 17765 New Columbus Rd. Corinth ,Ky. When I put my address in the search bar it shows my home address 3.4 miles away. Xanderb made Waze to reregister my home address wait 48 hrs. Clean out old destinations than try to put a new address in , but it didn’t work it still puts me 3.4 miles from my address . Help please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone,
I too have similar issue of my home address showing up on Waze map about .2 mile or so west of where it should be.
I reported it in October and was contacted very quickly by an editor who just needed house number to make the fix.
I supplied number and received message saying issue was fixed and should start showing up on handhelds in a day or two but can take a week.
That was a month ago and still no changes.
My house still shows west of where it should be, which obviously gives incorrect info when someone is using Waze to get to my house.

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.

Do you have your house location saved as “Home”?

CBenson?
Yes, my “Home” location is my home address but the map shows my house being west a couple tenths of a mile.
As far as Gps location of where I am at physically, it is nearly exact. Just that the house icon on map is incorrect which means directions to my house is ultimately incorrect as well.

He was asking because that saved “Home” location is basically GPS coordinates. And they do not update automatically. You need to replace the old coordinates with the new ones since the editor has made the change.

See this help article for how to do it : https://support.google.com/waze/answer/6262565?hl=en

@Barneymiller77 - Is the Google location for your house the correct location or the location that is off by 3.4 miles?