Weird routing around stretches of Ocean Parkway, Brooklyn,

Hi, orbitc,

I’m going to do the (long delayed) test of the Ocean Parkway segment route selection.

Also, any progress on the “triangle diversion” routing form the last few updates in this thread? Note that the map callout below, where we first looked into the problem, is now showing on the client (HT:PesachZ), even though it consists of “red roads.” Don’t know why red roads are showing up in the client.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat=40.67792&lon=-73.97223&layers=TBFTFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTFTTTTTT&segments=77509319,77509318&env=usa

Red roads do show on the client, So I changed these to RR.
As far as our test go… I do not see any NEW UR’s other than the original one. I’d say we’ll keep it for a while… Also, I put an arrow towards to south west where -I think- most of the issue arise.

Tried all the Ocean Parkway routes I recorded before. No changes except for the route to 2018 O.P., which oddly now wants to route to Ave T.

Just checked after the latest tile update, and they are no longer showing on the map in the client. Thanks Orbitc

No problem… :slight_smile:

Another place on OP with service lane detour: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat=40.60934&lon=-73.96659&env=usa&layers=TBFTFFTTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I also got bitten by this traveling north around Ditmas last week.

I have asked Waze to look into that. I’ll let you know what I hear.

Another instance: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat=40.61512&lon=-73.96774&env=usa&layers=TBFTFFTTTTFTTFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I will report this as well.

The disease has spread to Newark. This is an old UR that I just found. The bad route he asks about now seems to be the second choice route, and the direct way is primary.

Perhaps the bug causing these has been solved? Not sure, because the OP issues remain.

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=40.7428&lon=-74.16632&env=usa&layers=TBFTFFTTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTTTTTT&segments=61927865

Here’s another one in the Flatlands section of Brooklyn (around the corner from the house my mother grew up in!)

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=40.6285&lon=-73.92548&mapUpdateRequest=3365810&env=usa&layers=965

Another case on Ocean Parkway: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=40.635804&lon=-73.97239&mapUpdateRequest=3387016&env=usa

Any updates from the developers?

Here is another UR on Kings Highway navigating onto the service road for one block and back to the main roadway.

With the FC upgrade the entire center stretch of Ocean Pkwy will be classed as MH, while the outer rds will be classed as Street. This might eliminate the issues we’ve been having, as transition from MH to St. and back will be penalized. It may mean that the fixes using different road types (ramps, service rd) for the outer rd are no longer necessary.

I’m not certain they are penalized for “last mile.”

I’m not certain either. I dont think there is a penalty for the destination, but I do think there is a penalty for going off a primary road (Fwy, MH, mH) and then back on. Only testing will tell.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2

Not all the OP problems were off and back on. Just yesterday, I was routed from Ave O onto the service road, and a few blocks later, routed onto the main road.

It is possible that the higher road types will be preferred, even if not penalized. And help to prevent these issues. I completed the center road of Ocean Pkwy today, let’s see if it’s any better for you after the tile update.

Sent using Tapatalk for Android 4.4.2

If Waze sees lighter traffic on the surface road, there might not be a way to prevent their use without hacking the map. The dual-dual freeways have similar problems.

In any case, before embarking on any kind of creative solutions, be sure to check and work with OrbitC first :slight_smile:

I updated the outer roads to streets as well. Let’s clean out the old UR’s and watch for the new ones.