Weston, MA tolls

The exit sign to get off the pike here mentions Rt 30 on it.

This segment is currently named:

Exit 15: I-95 / State Rte 128 / Waltham

Should be:

Exit 15: I-95 / State Rte 128 / Rt 30 / Waltham

The semi-descriptive UR nearby says, “don’t get on 95 to get on 3o from the pike west bound”, and I think this is what he was getting at.

While I’m at it… Is “State Rte” correct? I seem to remember TTS pronouncing that as “State Are Tee Eee”, but I could be wrong.

Fixed

Tx!

Can you please also take care of these Are Tee Eee’s, too?

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat=42.34065&lon=-71.26488&layers=BFTFFTTTTTTFTTTTTTTTTFT&segments=71334796,57843924

Done

Also…
this one is fixed too. (spelling)

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat=42.34065&lon=-71.2649&layers=BFTFFTTTFTTTTFFTFTTTTFT&segments=22499068,63786800

This one too, please. I think that’s it…

I updated that one too.

Seems there are a lot. Why don’t you take a look at other areas near by there and let me know if you need anything updated. I’ll take it for you. :smiley:

I should have said, “I think that’s it for this interchange.” I’ll look around later for more instances.

You got it…

There are no "SR"s in MA. If you’re going to change ‘State nn’ to anything, it should be to “MA-nn”.

Also, I should mention that I had to do some major revision to that interchange recently, since that Private Road to the south just beyond the tolls is used by the locals–which means the outbound segments beyond it are not toll segments, whereas the inbound segments are–which means I had to split them.

Are you going to go in and fix everything, or shall we go back and fix what we “messed up”?

Rte is pronounced “Route”, and “State Rte ##” is used for road names, “SR-##” is used for ramps

I thought the plan was to stay with SR-## until we were able to get Waze to shield to & issue correct TTS for the State Abbreviations.

Nah, there were just a couple places, no big deal. I just want to make sure people don’t start converting things to “SR”, when it’s going to be re-done as “MA” anyway.

FWIW, throughout MA the basemap used “State Hwy”. I only ever found “State Rte” in NH. (Which is odd, because I don’t know anybody in MA who calls US or state highways anything but simply “Route nn”.)

That’s my point: as far as I know, very little has been changed to “SR” around here yet*. I’m just trying to keep it that way, so we don’t have to track them all down (again) later.

  • As I have mentioned elsewhere, I’ve held off converting anything to SR, in the hope that the MA nomenclature would take hold; SR makes even less sense to the locals than calling rotaries “roundabouts”. :wink:

What’s wrong with “Rt 30”? MA-xx doesn’t sound right. Shouldn’t it go by local conventions?

Next they’ll be whether “route” should be pronounced “root” or “rout” in MA. The former, of course! :slight_smile:

Right now it looks right. Eventually it will also sound (TTS) right; i.e., MA-nn will be pronounced, “Route [nn]”. Considering how many roads around here have highway numbers among their alt names, there is no sense in (or time for) going through all instances of “State Hwy nn” and changing them to anything now, when state-specific shields and TTS support are expected within the next 12 months.

Yes, that’s “root”: with a long “oo” as in “food”, not a short “oo” as in “foot”. (Get that TTS wrong and I’ll never hear the end of it!) (pun intended)

Yea, that’s how it is in CT too… Everything on the basemap is/was “State Hwy ##” & is called “Route ##”. We’ve converted primary names & ramp names to “State Rte” & “SR-” respectively, but have left the alt names intact.

So, what’s the current practice? “State Hwy”, “State Rte”, “SR-” or “MA-”?

Especially when they are really called “Traffic Circles”… :stuck_out_tongue: :lol:

Current practice is to leave it as-is, unless you’re prepared to change the whole thing to “MA-” now. Ditto for “US Hwy” -> “US-”.

Given the ability to “Select entire street” using alt names, my hope is that the consistency of leaving everything as-is will make it easier to convert to shields and the new nomenclature on a per-road basis from end-to-end, rather than have areas where every road has been converted, interspersed with areas where they haven’t. (It’s much easier to find and correct overlay errors when following a particular highway from end-to-end, than when examining a bunch of roads as they pass through an arbitrary block of the map.)

If you’re looking for a bottle of “pop”, you’ll have to go somewhere else; these machines only dispense “tonic”.