Ashford, Kent Unlock request

Hi Editors,

I would like to be able to edit the following segments.
Your help will be greatly appreciated. The lane is closed until at least November so I would like to be able to the segment. This has also been marked as an Update Request by Waze users (Reported on: Thu 15 Sep 2022, 15:38)

Permalink: https://waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=row&lat=51.13252&lon=0.91061&marker=true&zoomLevel=17&segments=416543681&mapUpdateRequest=18345019
Reason:
Unlock to level: 2

Thank you in advance,

Down to L2. :smiley:
Once you have made the closure you can reply to the UR’s.
Thanks

Thanks @Ianinessex . I just went to edit it (was going to put a closure on the slip road segment however it says I need to be level 3 or higher to add a road closure. How would you suggest I proceed with this? Is it best just to disallow turns into the roundabout bypass? I dont want to edit it incorrectly without getting advice first.
Pic 1 shows the turn is locked to level 4 editor and pic 2 shows the closure needing level 3 editor :frowning:A2070 pic 1.jpg
A2070 pic 2.jpg

Sorry, my fault, I should have been paying more attention. :oops:

You are correct, you need to be L3 to add a road closure. I have now changed this back to L4 and added a closure for a week.
Do you know when the closure is due to finish?

Thanks Ian. The estimation so far is it will be closed until at least the end of November. Conway (the builders) haven’t sent out an email for a couple of weeks now with an update to residents however the council believe it should be completed early December. This is all part of the Bellamy Gurner scheme to take out the round about by McDonalds and replace it with a large junction and allowing residents to turn right out of Finberry. Thankfully, being a resident of Finberry and being the vice chair of the parish council and looking after local roads I get early warning of all this. When the work to Bellamy Gurner is complete there will be some major changes needed to the Waze maps :grinning:

When the work is done, I’m happy to make the changes needed, or would you recommend I submit a change of roads request and include the plans? Obviously I have seen that an editor can request to be made Area Manager but I don’t want to step on toes etc