I just got some horrific instructions on eastbound Dolphin Expy. Waze tried to get me to Flaggler exit with the instruction “take second Flaggler ramp”. Now I admit the signage is slightly confusing, but these instructions have no basis in reality.
I took an eenie-meenie fork, guessed wrong, and from what I saw the driver needs to exit, follow a sign back to Dolphin Expy / Airport, and then later there are more signs after the fork.
Hi, I will need to know the destination address so i can check. do remember that that section of 836 by 87th Ave is now under construction and it is possible that the ramps have change some from how we had them… the reason for the 2nd exit ramp voice was because they place that exit right after the exit for the 826 N & S bound ramps… and they place them right as you pass the 87 ave overpass. it was very easy for drivers to take the 826 exit when they actually needed the flagler / 72 ave or SW 8 st. ramp… at this time they may have move stuff around once again… Please let me have some more info so i can see what we can do to improve it,
Waze told me to exit when I was at the ramp labeled “to SR-826 / Palmetto Expwy”. Judging from what I can see in the map editor, the intersection node is placed way too far to the east for the client to understand this situation. It needs to be moved back to the bridge where the ramp begins.
Likewise, the “2nd exit ramp to Flagler st / NW 72 Ave” is located way too far to the west. These segments are almost on top of each other.
Also, take a look at the signage. There is no “2nd exit ramp” sign. This makes absolutely no sense. One ramp sign says “Palmetto Expwy”. One ramp sign says “W Flagler St”. If the dang segments were just labeled according to Waze standards there would be no problems at all!
I know there is NO 2nd exit sign posted… that was added for a better voice command and drivers understand that they needed to take the 2nd ramp and not the first as you come over the overpass of 87 ave… the way they made this ramps was crazy in my opinion the FDOT & county should have plan that better from the start , but is what they built… as I mention this is not again under construction and both ramp will be changing big time to the way they are now. the 826 ramp will be on it’s own over pass and you will be taking it before the 87 ave bridge, but that is not there now… how it is now is they way is on the map. ( pending any construction changes they make for construction detours )
It would help if the satimg and the streetview was updated.
gg is just trying to do his best here, and has acknowledged your issue with the naming. However ranting on isn’t going to get your point across any better.
Perhaps dropping some UR"s in useful places, like beginning of gore’s and taking some video is the better place to start, instead of simply being abrasive to one of the Southeast’s senior editors.
I’ve given very specific feedback here on which nobody has acted. The first ramp is positioned too far east in Waze. The second ramp is positioned too far west, making them too close together. The second ramp has no sign on the freeway, so telling someone to exit here is like a roll of the dice, and very likely anyone unfamiliar with the area would use the first ramp.
Having driven this several times since, I would say the directions simply do not follow Waze guidelines. The ramp’s name does not match the sign, as there is no sign. What needs to happen here is for Waze to say “drive just past the sign for Flaggler and then exit on the unnamed ramp.” Alternatively, Waze could disconnect that ramp and always give correct directions using the first ramp and its following exits.
I have sent you a PM private message in the forum with an invite to join us in real time chat. Much easier to get help, deal with problems and interact with editors that are actually online at the time you are.
Drove this qgain today. Waze gave “in 1,000 feet” instruction before even crossing the bridge. Then the “exit right” given before passing the first ramp. These instructions are horrible. If nobody else is going to fix this, I suggest allowing me to do it.