Bourne End – correction to residential address and missing access road

Hi Editors,

I would be grateful for help correcting Waze for my home.

Waze currently recognises the property as “The Black House at Valley View” and locates it in approximately the correct place. However, the property name/address and the final routing to the house both need correcting.

The newly registered official postal address is:

The Black House
New Road
Bourne End
Buckinghamshire
SL8 5BZ

When I navigate to the existing Waze destination “The Black House at Valley View”, Waze routes correctly along New Road but does not turn onto the access road leading to the property. Instead, navigation terminates on New Road just beyond the junction with the access road.

I have attached an annotated satellite image for clarity:

  • Red line: New Road, which continues beyond the junction with the access road.
  • Blue line: the existing access road leading from New Road to The Black House.
  • Blue circle: approximately where Waze currently terminates navigation.

Could an editor please:

  1. Correct the existing property name/address to The Black House, New Road, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire, SL8 5BZ; and
  2. Add/map the access road appropriately so that Waze routes drivers from New Road along the access to the property.

Waze Map Editor permalink: https://waze.com/en-GB/editor?env=row&lat=51.58497&lon=-0.70067&marker=true&zoomLevel=18

I am the owner/resident and can provide confirmation of the registered address or further details about the access if required.

Many thanks

Thanks. We’ve made changes to the master map now.

It should make its way into the waze app in a few days. You should delete any search history / drives to this destination as the waze app is unfortunately ‘sticky’ in that regard and won’t update locations of places it knows you’ve navigated to before.

You can tweek the roads I’ve added and help improve the Waze map directly too in the map editor at https://waze.com/editor

Guidance here Main page

Regards
Stu

Many thanks for making the changes and for the advice. I’ll give it a few days to update in the app, clear my previous search/navigation history and then test the route again.

Many thanks for your help.

Hi again,

I’ve now had a chance to test this after allowing a few days for the changes to come through.

I can confirm that the access road is now showing correctly and Waze is routing all the way to the property, so many thanks for fixing that.

The only remaining issue is that the destination is still showing as “The Black House at Valley View” rather than the property’s new official name, “The Black House”.

Would you be able to update the place name to “The Black House” as well?

Many thanks,
Misan