Unlock A4 - Parramatta Rd to Level 2 - trying to fix a UR. Thanks ![]()
Go ahead ![]()
Gesendet von meinem GT-N7100 mit Tapatalk
Thanks - fixed ![]()
Thx, locked again.
Just streamlined it a bit, too: First we hide this in the client by letting it be close to the real streets (but no overlapping), second we leave that extra (not really existing) road unnamed.
Tell me, if it works as you’d like to have it. Btw. google would navigate the way it was before your alterations…no problem in beeing better than them ![]()
yeh that looks great!
I think the UR was complaining that it’s almost impossible to do that turn, so this was an easy fix. Great that we’re better than google here! ![]()
Can you please apply the same changes here to.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=-33.86634&lon=151.0945&env=row&layers=453&segments=148049544,163477931,163477926,149659325
And here too.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=5&lat=-33.86976&lon=151.1072&env=row&layers=453&segments=101730663,103532034,147778437
Not as bad as the Coles St one, but 9/10 in peak hour impossible to do as the right turn lanes extend past the streets and are usually full and the the lanes between full aswell.
Whilst I don’t think we can go around doing this to every intersection, I do think the Shaftesbury Rd one (2nd link) is a massive problem for navigation and it may be worth doing this trick. If you have a look at street-view you can even see the bank up of traffic in that right turn lane!!
(though you could probably still negotiate that turn with the amount of room there)
So if someone Lvl 3+ is happy for me to make these changes, can I get an unlock on these segments: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat=-33.86937&lon=151.10858&env=row&layers=453&segments=167654301,103532034,147569631 (if not, then disregard)
Thanks ![]()
Segments lowered to Lvl 2 as requested.
Julian, surely someone wouldn’t want to try that stunt getting across all those lanes to make the right hand. I’m not so sure we should draw up a new segment just to circumvent this as there is no ‘real’ restriction (apart from traffic) that prevents the driver from attempting this maneuver.
Yeh. Not saying it’s ideal, just that depending on traffic and other drivers, it is technically possible to do that turn (and there’s more space than the other one I was talking about). Another example is that not all right turns are really practical, but we don’t go around marking them restricted unless there’s a no right turn sign there. The only reason I changed the other intersection was because there was a UR and it was quite literally impossible to do the turn that waze was telling people to do.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those sort of people who try to cross 3 lanes of busy traffic shouldn’t be driving in the first place. Anyway, I wonder how ‘normal’ GPS hardware would route that?
Also need these segments lowered to finish it off: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lat=-33.86913&lon=151.10814&env=row&layers=453&segments=167654301,147569631
I’m hesitant to drop this to level 2, because you are simply putting in a turn prevention from Loftus St to Shaftesbury Rd prevent Waze routing via Parramatta Rd.
I doubt that the local council would have put in a no right turn out of Loftus into Shaftesbury, so with this in mind, I disagree with your intention.
However, what does the rest of editing community think? If majority rules, then we’ll put it in.
I’m confused. :? I wasn’t in favour of doing it here either - but when you unlocked it, I thought you were ok with the proposed the turn restriction and to go ahead.
In that case, I’ll delete what I have started to do, until we get some more feedback from the community.
Probably the better option this case Julian. ![]()
Your correct in that they are not restricted turns, but they’re not ideal and I would question the time savings if you can’t get into these right turn lanes in peak hour or the risk of road rage or an accident. I guess it’s pot luck, if you get there and there aren’t any cars between you and the right turn lane you’ll feel like a champion and think that Waze was the best thing invented since slice bread (probably is!)
These routes are usually given during peak hour to avoid Burwood Rd Southbound, & Concord Rd southbound, outside of peak hour the routing usually goes back to using the main rds. From the way Coles St was updated it wouldn’t prevent turning into Parramatta Rd and continuing east bound towards the city.
I use Queen St in the afternoon to get onto the M4 and avoid Concord Rd southbound, most times I have to push my way in just get into the left lane, cars on Parra rd are reluctant to give up their position. Another problem with this right turn is the light sequence, when you are waiting at Queen St and both lights are red (straight on Parramatta Rd & right turn into Leicester Ave) The right turn is given green first, when it goes red the lights to go straight go green, so even if you do get into the second lane you usually can’t get into the right turn lane as its still banked up by the cars that missed turning right. I imagine most people would ignore the route given when they get to Queen St and see what they are presented with which would mean they would have to turn right at Wentworth Rd, In peak hour, that’s probably 5 min extra. If the changes were to be made, I believe Waze would still route them right turn into Shipley Ave from Concord Rd, Left into Queen St, Left into Carrington St, right into Queens lane onto Sydney st then right into Concord Rd so it would still be quicker than waiting from Wellbank St down to Leicester Ave.
Hi Caradellino,
Looks like Tobian has deleted the work you did on Coles St, can you please redo your work and lock it up to your level.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=151.09925&lat=-33.86767&layers=517&zoom=7&segments=256248942
Also this Red Light camera doesn’t exist. The camera recently installed captures eastbound drivers.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?env=row&lon=151.05761&lat=-33.81449&layers=581&zoom=6&cameras=5331918